Control game shadows

ekyona

hello started playing Control and I noticed that the shadows or some shadows didn't look right. 

is the game supposed to look like this? the shadows don't blend very well. at the very top right corner you can tell. 

I have tried playing with settings. I have Ray-tracing on and DLSS and I have tried to turn them off. still look the same. my monitor that I use is the LG CX OLED. I have tried other monitors and it looks the same. 

let me know if guys think this is normal for this game? 

it isn't all shadows. mainly the ones on the wall.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, ekyona said:

hello started playing Control and I noticed that the shadows or some shadows didn't look right. 

is the game supposed to look like this? the shadows don't blend very well. at the very top right corner you can tell. 

I have tried playing with settings. I have Ray-tracing on and DLSS and I have tried to turn them off. still look the same. my monitor that I use is the LG CX OLED. I have tried other monitors and it looks the same. 

let me know if guys think this is normal for this game? 

it isn't all shadows. mainly the ones on the wall.

spacer.png

Mess with brightness or gamma either on panel or games.. gamma, contrast or brightness may be too high or something..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ill try that when I get home and update. maybe I have them to high. 

you mean the monitor or do you mean in-game settings too.  

It's a bit depth issue. It's probably running 8-bit, which is going to show stepping in gradients. You need 10-12 bit for it to be perfectly smooth. This is mostly a factor of the resolution, refresh rate, and capabilities of your card. For example, at 4K 120Hz you need HDMI 2.1 to get 10 bit, because there's not enough bandwidth otherwise.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

hmmm... I have an RTX 2080 ti...ill check what the monitor is running at. I can't remember what the settings are at.