What keycaps would work for this keyboard?

SamHeen

I’m planning on buying this keyboard  

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwio_46oteXxAhVL43cKHTjUBjEYABAGGgJlZg&ohost=www.google.ch&cid=CAESQeD2Um_v6S2EyHmVbe4rmuHH_GOkHwL0uyx7qBeoc63LCpB15IszaPLpE-jsaQgk5dJ9R5bzRu26QHjnn4DBDK9c&sig=AOD64_1wc8UdqVfRlyJ6Hoh6txe7ACsFHw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj0-4aoteXxAhVNgP0HHbYCDaEQwg96BAgBEDc&adurl=

Is it a good choice for gaming and if so would any switches work for it?

5 minutes ago, SamHeen said:

it looks pretty okay... if its hot swappable then yes you can change the switches it comes with

Hey there.

7 hours ago, SamHeen said:

I’m planning on buying this keyboard  

-Deltaco Mini Keyboard Link-

Is it a good choice for gaming and if so would any switches work for it?

What keycaps would work for this keyboard?

A 60% compact keyboard is functionally adequate for gaming, if your game doesn't rely on:

• Function Row (F1 - F12): Absent from the Deltaco Mini. Probably hidden behind a layer.
  • Numpad: Absent from the Deltaco Mini.
  • Special / Edit Keys (Home, End, Pg Up, Pg Dn, Etc.): Absent from the Deltaco Mini.
  • Arrow Cluster: Hidden behind a layer for the Deltaco Mini.

For switches, I haven't been able to find a disassembly or a clear photo of the PCB, to confirm whether the PCB is equipped with hot-swap sockets or not, or whether it's compatible with 5-pin and/or 3-pin switches. In the event the Deltaco Mini is not hot-swappable and you'd like to use different switches, some soldering may be required.

For keycaps, any standard set of keycaps designed for the ISO layout should fit the Deltaco Mini. From an ISO set, you're specifically looking for:

• 1.25U Left Shift
  • Big Enter

Which won't be present on a barebones set of ANSI keycaps.

Note: The linked site was in French, so I'm assuming you'd like ISO-FR keycaps? Attempting to find keycaps with ISO-FR layout might be a bit difficult.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 1:44 AM, Eschew said:

Hey there.

A 60% compact keyboard is functionally adequate for gaming, if your game doesn't rely on:

• Function Row (F1 - F12): Absent from the Deltaco Mini. Probably hidden behind a layer.
  • Numpad: Absent from the Deltaco Mini.
  • Special / Edit Keys (Home, End, Pg Up, Pg Dn, Etc.): Absent from the Deltaco Mini.
  • Arrow Cluster: Hidden behind a layer for the Deltaco Mini.

For switches, I haven't been able to find a disassembly or a clear photo of the PCB, to confirm whether the PCB is equipped with hot-swap sockets or not, or whether it's compatible with 5-pin and/or 3-pin switches. In the event the Deltaco Mini is not hot-swappable and you'd like to use different switches, some soldering may be required.

For keycaps, any standard set of keycaps designed for the ISO layout should fit the Deltaco Mini. From an ISO set, you're specifically looking for:

• 1.25U Left Shift
  • Big Enter

Which won't be present on a barebones set of ANSI keycaps.

Note: The linked site was in French, so I'm assuming you'd like ISO-FR keycaps? Attempting to find keycaps with ISO-FR layout might be a bit difficult.

ok thanks a lot this helped so much!