Managed to get into Windows 11 dev channel without any hacks??

avg123

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 Pro on an old laptop that does not support TPM or SecureBoot using the the registry hack during installation (the BypassTPMCheck, BypassSecureBoot).

After installation, I could sign up for the dev channel of the Insider program!

In the Windows Insider setting, I got the message that my pc does meet Windows 11 minimum requirements and channel option will be limited.

A couple of weeks ago I had installed Windows 11 and then I could only join the Release Preview channel

But this time when I joined Insider program, I got the option to join dev, beta and release preview channel. I joined dev channel.

I still get the warning

"Your pc does meet Windows 11 minimum requirements. Your device may continue to receive insider preview builds till Windows 11 is generally available, at which time it is recommended to clean install to windows 10"

2021-07-15.thumb.png.d874a3557f900f24a6e37d91bfd4b11a.png

So I can now get new insider builds officially?

Last time I tried to brute force into the dev channel using the registry hack. I managed to get into the dev channel and received new builds but when it would try to install the new build, it would fail the pc requirements check and installation would fail.

this became an infinite loop. It would continuously try to download and install the update, fail and do it all over again. 

I had to stop it by undoing the registry change.

But this time I joined the program officially. Windows knows that my pc does not meet minimum requirement.

Lets see if I can install the next build or not.

* your thread was moved to the Windows section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

You did hack it...

If your in win11, you have a insider build, you get insider updates, but not the final builds

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You did hack it...

If your in win11, you have a insider build, you get insider updates, but not the final builds

no it was not possible before even with insider build. as i stated in my post. even with an windows 11 insider build, you could not join the dev channel if your pc did not meet minimum requirements

Hardly noteworthy I'm afraid. Microsoft opened up the dev channel to more devices recently, but stated that this does not mean you will get Windows 11 when it does fully release.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

12 minutes ago, avg123 said:

no it was not possible before even with insider build. as i stated in my post. even with an windows 11 insider build, you could not join the dev channel if your pc did not meet minimum requirements

In the most recent ltt video, it says you will be able to get windows insider updates, but not the final update, and will say that it doesn't meet requirements

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

In the most recent ltt video, it says you will be able to get windows insider updates, but not the final update, and will say that it doesn't meet requirements

wtf are you even arguing about? have you even used windows 11?

no you wont get any new insider builds unless you join the dev channel, which was previously not possible if pc did not meet minimum requirements. 

now I managed to join to join the dev channel even without meeting minimum requirements.

if you dont join dev channel you will be stuck with the build you installed unless you manually download and install every new insider build iso

if you join the dev channel, you get upgraded to every new insider build.

according to microsoft, you should downgrade to windows 10 when windows 11 is available to public.

till then you free to try the insider previews.