AIO for Mortar Max? | ARGB Solution for the Mortar Max?

I am currently planning to upgrade my Wraith Stealth Cooler to a "Cooler Master Liquid ML240L V2 ARGB" for my Ryzen 5 3600. I know, its kinda overkill for a ryzen 5 cpu but I like the looks of it and most importantly, my temps reach up to 80+ degrees when just playing Valorant. I'm just curious on where to plug in the 3 pin pump connector since the Mortar Max does not have a "CPU_OPT" header. My research says that I should be good to go when I plug the 3 pin to the "CPU FAN" (where the wraith stealth was plugged beforehand). Just wanted to double check if this is really the case. On the other hand, I am figuring out how to sync all the RGB on my pc without ARGB because the mortar max unfortunately does not have one. I am very regretting the decision of not picking the b450m steel legend over this mortar max. It really did not cross my mind that ARGB would be a huge part for customizing your pc. Really looking for solutions here, thanks!

1 minute ago, medyobano said:

I am currently planning to upgrade my Wraith Stealth Cooler to a "Cooler Master Liquid ML240L V2 ARGB" for my Ryzen 5 3600. I know, its kinda overkill for a ryzen 5 cpu but I like the looks of it and most importantly, my temps reach up to 80+ degrees when just playing Valorant. I'm just curious on where to plug in the 3 pin pump connector since the Mortar Max does not have a "CPU_OPT" header. My research says that I should be good to go when I plug the 3 pin to the "CPU FAN" (where the wraith stealth was plugged beforehand). Just wanted to double check if this is really the case. On the other hand, I am figuring out how to sync all the RGB on my pc without ARGB because the mortar max unfortunately does not have one. I am very regretting the decision of not picking the b450m steel legend over this mortar max. It really did not cross my mind that ARGB would be a huge part for customizing your pc. Really looking for solutions here, thanks!

Have the same aio but have an asus mobo, im pretty sure every mobo other than gigabyte u put the 3 pin into the CPU FAN, thats what I did. No problems so far been running cool and no more loud fans!

6 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

Have the same aio but have an asus mobo, im pretty sure every mobo other than gigabyte u put the 3 pin into the CPU FAN, thats what I did. No problems so far been running cool and no more loud fans!

That's good to hear. Since you have the same AIO, can I ask another question? I plan to change the color of the AIO to a static color, specifically cyan. Is there an option through the ARGB controller to choose between static colors? Thanks.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:23 PM, medyobano said:

That's good to hear. Since you have the same AIO, can I ask another question? I plan to change the color of the AIO to a static color, specifically cyan. Is there an option through the ARGB controller to choose between static colors? Thanks.

cant answer this as i just turn rgb off!

2 hours ago, Stygian Zenith said:

cant answer this as i just turn rgb off!

Ah okay, thanks for the info!