Best combo?

Go to solution Solved by Zeke,

I don't really like chromebooks - the idea of a PC that turns into a potato if you are disconnected from the Internet kinda bothers me. Surface RT is an awesome device with crappy OS, if you're okay with Win RT, it's worth getting. Also, there's Kindle HDX 8.9 for the price similar to Surface RT 32G but it has better screen and LTE.

Speaking of phones - nowadays almost all the phones are similar, so choose what "ecosystem" you wanna be in: Apple's, Google's or Microsoft's (I chose first one :D ). 

So since, I have now a bit of cash I was wondering which would be best.

I need a portable device primarely for college and everywhere outside my house. And I need something very good. So my sister has a samsung chromebook but the screen broke. Since she neede a new one asap, she bought one. But I fixed it yesterday and now I can buy her old chromebook for 100$. That's option 1. But i'm a real windows and apple fanboy. So I thought at first about and iPad, but it's way to expensive for a tablet (64gb with lte) so then I hought about the microsoft surface 2rt 32gb. Great choice imo. But I really like the amazing resolution of the ipad 2048x1536. so I'm not sure. tthe chromebook for a 100$ is a great prize I think. 

Now I forgot my phone in my jeans and it got washed. So I also need a new phone (on september 2014). So I'm hesitating between the nokia lumia 1020 and the iPhone 6 (I don't like anymore android but ios is a bit faster and lighter). I take a lot of pictures but I love the quick video editting  you can perform on the iphone 5s, and I hope that the iPhone 6 will still have it.

Eitherway, thank you for your help!

I don't really like chromebooks - the idea of a PC that turns into a potato if you are disconnected from the Internet kinda bothers me. Surface RT is an awesome device with crappy OS, if you're okay with Win RT, it's worth getting. Also, there's Kindle HDX 8.9 for the price similar to Surface RT 32G but it has better screen and LTE.

Speaking of phones - nowadays almost all the phones are similar, so choose what "ecosystem" you wanna be in: Apple's, Google's or Microsoft's (I chose first one :D ). 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The iPhone is the best way to go in your scenario. It still has one of the better cameras and I'm pretty sure there isn't much mobile wise that rivals iMovie right now. iPhone 6 will only improve so you shouldn't worry about losing features, and it will most likely have a larger than 4.5" screen, so editing and tasks of the like should be better. If you only need document processing and internet browsing the Chromebook should be fine.

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

The iPhone is the best way to go in your scenario. It still has one of the better cameras and I'm pretty sure there isn't much mobile wise that rivals iMovie right now. iPhone 6 will only improve so you shouldn't worry about losing features, and it will most likely have a larger than 4.5" screen, so editing and tasks of the like should be better. If you only need document processing and internet browsing the Chromebook should be fine.

Soooo my sister actually told me that I can have the chromebook for free. and as I said before, I'm a windows fanboy so I'm in love with windows 8.1 rt. btw the kindle is amazing, but I don't really want an android tablet (or android based tablets) ut the improvements made to the old os do make it sound wonderful. Unfortunately, I find android to be a heavy os and a bit slower than ios or win 8.1 rt

Soooo my sister actually told me that I can have the chromebook for free. and as I said before, I'm a windows fanboy so I'm in love with windows 8.1 rt. btw the kindle is amazing, but I don't really want an android tablet (or android based tablets) ut the improvements made to the old os do make it sound wonderful. Unfortunately, I find android to be a heavy os and a bit slower than ios or win 8.1 rt

I currently have first-gen Surface RT somewhere, waiting for VLC to come out.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.