iPad A1458,can't install youtube,instagram app due to older software

My friend gave me this tablet,teling me he was not able to install those software due to older version of iOS.

So I suppose this tablet doesn't support it,or?

So what can be done in order for him to have basic apps like facebook (messenger),instagram,youtube app,maybe some picture and video programs.

I have it near me,hoping that we can figure out something just to make him happy and to use those "basic apps".

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Do you have updated it as much as you can? Too bad it doesn't run Android otherwise it could have been saved by a Custom ROM.

18 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So I suppose this tablet doesn't support it,or?

So what can be done in order for him to have basic apps like facebook (messenger),instagram,youtube app,maybe some picture and video programs.

You dont. By all accounts youre seeing the ugly head of Apple's intentional obsolescence. ipad 4 can only support 10.3 at its highest, and most latest version of basic application are moving to IOS 11 or higher.

Here's youtube:

image.png.dc26552f5ab4c72fe51dda4b1127e82f.png

Twitter:

image.png.b9c5679dee0c9d1f975fad19a431236b.png

And facebook, but by this stage you get the point:

image.png.4f399974c944a8b7d9e84a8488faf7d3.png

You could try sideloading, but imo the amount of time you need to maintain it is just not worth it when you can just sell it to recycling center and get an android tablet off used market.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You dont. By all accounts youre seeing the ugly head of Apple's intentional obsolescence. ipad 4 can only support 10.3 at its highest, and most latest version of basic application are moving to IOS 11 or higher.

Here's youtube:

image.png.dc26552f5ab4c72fe51dda4b1127e82f.png

Twitter:

image.png.b9c5679dee0c9d1f975fad19a431236b.png

image.png.4f399974c944a8b7d9e84a8488faf7d3.png

You could try sideloading, but imo the amount of time you need to maintain it is just not worth it when you can just sell it to recycling center and get an android tablet off used market.

Damn no such app to bypass iOS 11 requirements?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Damn no such app to bypass iOS 11 requirements?

No.

iOS 10 came out in 2016 and the iPad 4 came out in 2012. I personally don't see why it's a big deal a $400 device from 2012 is not supported anymore 9 years later.

It was perfectly usable up until app developers stopped supporting iOS 10. Nothing you can do about that.

iOS11 probably introduced a good number of new APIs that were never ported to iOS10, and the iOS 10 user base is so small it's not worth the effort anymore. The only devices stuck on iOS10 are the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPad 4.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Ah yes, of course. App developers not supporting a 7 year old tablet/version of iOS and Apple only providing it with 4 years of support because it kinda sucked even back then with 1GB of RAM is clearly Apple's planned obsolescence at work. 🤦‍♂️

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Here's youtube:

Twitter:

Where the fuck Do I even really start?

So first off, no. It has nothing to do with "planned obsolescence" it's a 9 year old fucking tablet. I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 that runs some version of Lollipop or some shit and it's fucking horrendous to use so no it's not planned obsolescence. Its just yknow after 9 years... How fuckin long do you think a device should be supported god damn lmao
and iOS 10 was released 5 years ago, I'm not shocked it's starting to get support pulled.

The reason Android support lasts longer is because the device manufacturers are god awful at keeping their devices on the latest version of Android for the most part. I mean, the most used version of Android currently is Android 10 which is from 2019... You just don't see that with Apple and I think it's a good thing.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

34 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

So first off, no. It has nothing to do with "planned obsolescence" it's a 9 year old fucking tablet. I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 that runs some version of Lollipop or some shit and it's fucking horrendous to use so no it's not planned obsolescence. Its just yknow after 9 years... How fuckin long do you think a device should be supported god damn lmao
and iOS 10 was released 5 years ago, I'm not shocked it's starting to get support pulled.

54 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Ah yes, of course. App developers not supporting a 7 year old tablet/version of iOS and Apple only providing it with 4 years of support because it kinda sucked even back then with 1GB of RAM is clearly Apple's planned obsolescence at work. 🤦‍♂️

1 word. Choice.

Do i think its unacceptable in performance standpoint? Very, especially considering something like ipad Air 2 is collapsing hard in price (and you can update it to latest ios atleast for now) have so much more life in its hands software wise and hardware wise.

But the way that customer is heavily handed to this decision even if they want to keep their old device for longer is my issue on it. Do i think the word is harsh? Kind of but in my eyes some people just prefer to use it until it breaks, not until it "slowed down" or their device manufacturer burn bridges with them and force to switch.

But i do understand the software side and how developers just cant be fucking arsed to support above what apple tells them they must do. But in my humble opinion, it shouldve been a technical problem rather than an app store sided soft locks. And besides, if customers complained about horrible performance, Apple can easily point out in the same argument as you guys. But the choice is there for those who actually understand.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

1 word. Choice.

Do i think its unacceptable in performance standpoint? Very, especially considering something like ipad Air 2 is collapsing hard in price (and you can update it to latest ios atleast for now) have so much more life in its hands software wise and hardware wise.

But the way that customer is heavily handed to this decision even if they want to keep their old device for longer is my issue on it. Do i think the word is harsh? Kind of but in my eyes some people just prefer to use it until it breaks, not until it "slowed down" or their device manufacturer burn bridges with them and force to switch.

But i do understand the software side and how developers just cant be fucking arsed to support above what apple tells them they must do. But in my humble opinion, it shouldve been a technical problem rather than an app store sided soft locks. And besides, if customers complained about horrible performance, Apple can easily point out in the same argument as you guys. But the choice is there for those who actually understand.

You can't really bring in the Air 2 in a comparison against the iPad 4, the Air 2 is a laughable amount better. Just stop lmao

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)