Aimpad

Bouche4Dag

I have no idea where to actually post this, but figured this would be the next best thing to a "Post things you want Linus to read" forum.

I few minutes ago I have stumbled upon the Aimpad.

See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aimpad/aimpadtm-pc-gaming-analog-keyboard or their website here: http://aimpad.com/.

I'm very sure most of us have thought about this idea; a keyboard that reacts to the amount of pressure you put on a key.

It is great for gaming yet our typing shouldn't be affected much at all if the software is done correct.

Something I found on the Kickstarter is that they will be at Pax East with some protypes.

I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for either Linus, Slick or the Crazy Russian to use one of these in person and see how awesome the Aimpad really is.

I hope somehow someone from Linus Media Group will find this and that they will at least know what Aimpad is about and know that it exists.

What do people on the Linustechtips forum think about the Aimpad?

Is it exciting? Is it a gimmick? Have you built something like this yourself?

Sincerely,

BoucheDag

OS: Windows 10N -- CPU: Intel i7 8700k @ 4.9GHz -- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 -- Mobo: Biostar Z370GT6 -- RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @2933MHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8GB FTW -- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 -- Storage1x 960GB Corsair MP510 SSD and 3x 1TB HDD -- PSU: Corsair RM 650x

Monitors: Acer 1440p144 + 1440p60 -- Keyboard: Leopold FC750R -- Mouse: Glorious Model O- -- Headphones: Beyer DT1990 + Schitt Fulla 3 Microphone Samson C01UPRO

I can't see how this would be useful to a PC player to be honest.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I can't see how this would be useful to a PC player to be honest.

They have nice animations showing smoother movement in some games and situations. Especially nice for racing games I would imagine. Of course on PC you could just buy a gamepad for games that work better with analog controls.

• 2 months later...

Dudes, I saw aimpad on kickstarter and kinda followed it a little bit.  Here is a reaction from gamers using it for the first time at PaxEast 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8vv5XtB6s .  Seems like something like this would have been done already.  The uses could go beyond gaming.  Sad to see they were not close to hitting the kickstarter funding goals - i think the technology would be great.