Suspiciously cheap GPU

irishbeast

On a local site a chat Is selling a 1080ti for £200 ($250)

Says it's working fine. I've asked if I can see it running cos I would like to check temps etc as the price seems too low.

Are there any tell tale signs for physical damage apart from lumps of plastic hanging off? 

Was thinking of buying as a backup and maybe do a bit of mining. Even though I said I was done with mining I could probably do ok without breaking the bank

Avoid.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

He said he would only accept paypal friewnds and family. 

Does that mean that you cannot dispute it? If so then I won't even entertain the idea. 

I would be curious to have a look although its probably just a card thats on its last legs so might work for a demo and will give up shortly after

It's possible it's real but I would only go for it if it's a local trusted place and you can actually check the card fully there. if not don't get it

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, irishbeast said:

Does that mean that you cannot dispute it? If so then I won't even entertain the idea. 

I would be curious to have a look although its probably just a card thats on its last legs so might work for a demo and will give up shortly after

Yeah don't mind what I said don't do it. iirc that is the one you can refund one (fwiends and famiwy uwu)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Are you not picking it up in person?
If not, then dont do it nor do friends and family.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

He won't even send me a video of it working. 100% scam.

I would like to report to facebook but I still have no absolute concrete evidence that its a hoax. 

The oter 1080tis on the local page are double the price or more.

23 hours ago, irishbeast said:

Yup friends and family is made so that any extra costs fall onto the one sending the money, you cannot dispute and you cannot get money back (unless in some very rare cases not a normal scam).

This is literally such a run of the mill scam here it hurts :p.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, jaslion said:

Yup friends and family is made so that any extra costs fall onto the one sending the money, you cannot dispute and you cannot get money back (unless in some very rare cases not a normal scam).

This is literally such a run of the mill scam here it hurts :p.

Yes it is really! Saying that I have picked up some absolute bargains over the years but most are scams. I am tempted to demand to see it working and run a stress test. If he can't do that then report him. Nobody in their right mind would buy a GPU without seeing it work. A 1080ti could have been hammered for 5 years and whilst that's no guarantee that it's worn out it probably is

49 minutes ago, irishbeast said:

Yes it is really! Saying that I have picked up some absolute bargains over the years but most are scams. I am tempted to demand to see it working and run a stress test. If he can't do that then report him. Nobody in their right mind would buy a GPU without seeing it work. A 1080ti could have been hammered for 5 years and whilst that's no guarantee that it's worn out it probably is

If something is worn out on an old card you actually wonna buy, you should prolly replace that stuff. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz