Windows update, for drivers (which I guess they do now)

As I have noticed and don't quite understand why it has to be this way.

But in windows updates and going to the driver section, I get intel wifi 22.60, while on intel's own page it says 22.50?

So how do I know what driver is what, and if you have essentially 2 drivers that may be a little different now, for the same thing?

5 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

As I have noticed and don't quite understand why it has to be this way.

But in windows updates and going to the driver section, I get intel wifi 22.60, while on intel's own page it says 22.50?

So how do I know what driver is what, and if you have essentially 2 drivers that may be a little different now, for the same thing?

Sounds interesting.

Well windows might have released the update before intel intended it to be.

Also if you're not afraid to update it then you can update. It's almost useless to have to update wifi drivers, but in some cases it might improve internet speed performace.

Just now, C o s m o said:

Sounds interesting.

Well windows might have released the update before intel intended it to be.

Also if you're not afraid to update it then you can update. It's almost useless to have to update wifi drivers, but in some cases it might improve performace.

in my case, it's for security and stability and often download it from intel directly.

Still windows want to suggest their download though :U maybe because I tried it once to see how it was.

Not really afraid, just don't get the point or if it might cause issues at some point with multiple whatever version drivers I might have.

as with intel you go through their wizard/installer for updating the card/driver.

Just now, Quackers101 said:

in my case, it's for security and stability and often download it from intel directly.

Still windows want to suggest their download though :U maybe because I tried it once to see how it was.

Not really afraid, just don't get the point or if it might cause issues at some point with multiple whatever version drivers I might have.

as with intel you go through their wizard/installer for updating the card/driver.

I'm not blaming you I like going for security too. I guess maybe they just made a mistake when releasing it and the autoname bot thought something stupid. I mean, it might just be an error. Anyway glad I helped.

Just now, C o s m o said:

I'm not blaming you I like going for security too. I guess maybe they just made a mistake when releasing it and the autoname bot thought something stupid. I mean, it might just be an error. Anyway glad I helped.

I guess, since it has stayed that way through multiple updates or if they just have different versions or names given.

which I could find a bit odd.

Looks like Intel had a administration issue where newest drivers were only delivered to Windows Update. It's not the first time Intel does this... well I assume mistake.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Looks like Intel had a administration issue where newest drivers were only delivered to Windows Update. It's not the first time Intel does this... well I assume mistake.

well I hope it changes, or if microsoft/windows update is only getting the latest updates? as more drivers are like that. but oh well...

(still from intel by the way, not sure if they get more of other types of drivers)

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

well I hope it changes, or if microsoft/windows update is only getting the latest updates? as more drivers are like that. but oh well...

(still from intel by the way, not sure if they get more of other types of drivers)

The issue seems to be Intel only. I don't know if they are trying to sync Windows Update driver on their website, or the company has internal communication problems, or the company is so bureaucratic that it takes ages to translate and approve the new driver descriptions/page... I don't know. But all I can tell you, usually it's the reverse. The website has the latest drivers, and then Windows Update is able to deliver them much later to those who are still on older drivers, as Microsoft has a validation process which the drivers needs to go through.