Core2Duo for Emulating Retro Games

AnirbanG007

I'll preface my query by saying that I'm VERY new to retro gaming. Basically, I've watched a few ETA Prime videos.

So I have this old core 2 duo system with 4 gigs of ram, and no discrete graphics.

My question is, can I run very old emulated games, like metal slug 4 and other games of similar resource usage on it using its iGPU? Will they run fine? I'm aware of the fact that PS2 games and other newer 3D games are harder to emulate and probably won't run. I'm talking Buu's Fury, Pokemon Emerald sorta games... Maybe even a few PS1 games, xbox games idk... I'm still discovering what is out there.

P.S. I'd like to use Batocera Linux for this.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

21 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I'll preface my query by saying that I'm VERY new to retro gaming. Basically, I've watched a few ETA Prime videos.

So I have this old core 2 duo system with 4 gigs of ram, and no discrete graphics.

My question is, can I run very old emulated games, like metal slug 4 and other games of similar resource usage on it using its iGPU? Will they run fine? I'm aware of the fact that PS2 games and other newer 3D games are harder to emulate and probably won't run. I'm talking Buu's Fury, Pokemon Emerald sorta games... Maybe even a few PS1 games, xbox games idk... I'm still discovering what is out there.

P.S. I'd like to use Batocera Linux for this.

Ok what are the specs of that old core 2 duo machine?

Like atleast mention freq, chipset, etc if you cant name the model

Maybe even take a pic with the case sidepanel off

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ok what are the specs of that old core 2 duo machine?

Like atleast mention freq, chipset, etc if you cant name the model

Maybe even take a pic with the case sidepanel off

Oh, right, yeah I should have mentioned that in the original post. Well, here's all the info you need.

image.thumb.png.4e299d974fc654475be055b47ab9a899.png

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

19 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Oh, right, yeah I should have mentioned that in the original post. Well, here's all the info you need.

image.thumb.png.4e299d974fc654475be055b47ab9a899.png

I think you can do a bsel mod to make your cpu run faster, if it doesnt post you can volt mod it with the help of a datasheet, search up celeron d 300 ∆ datasheet and on page 18 i think is where you can find some voltage configs, also look at a lga 775 pinout while you are doing this, plenty of them on the internet

Since your cpu is 1066fsb you can use core 2 quad q6600 bsel mod videos for determining where to put the electrical tape

Volt mod is basically the same thing except no tutorials on it so you are on your own, btw if you accidentaly set a ridicolous volt like 1.5 or 1.6 its totally safe even for 45nm cpus, ive run my 45nm cpus up to 2v and they survived