Worth an upgrade?

TheFlyingSquirrel

I have a benq bl2710pt, it was one of first 1440p VA panels to come out in 2013.  It has served me well for 6 years. https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_bl2710pt.htm

With deals and money to spare I find myself wondering if now is a good time to upgrade.

The primary use is project management and development 8Hours + a day.  Gaming is actually done on my ps5 these days. 

My work laptop is a AMD ryzen pro 4500U, while my main PC is graphic card less due to the shortage. 

Picture quality wise, how much better is something like the Gigabyte M27Q, or Dell s3220dgf https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3220dgf or Dell 27dgf ?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

The M27Q is not something i'd buy if you're looking at text the whole day. It uses a non-standard BGR pixel layout that will result in blurrier text in some cases. Normally it's not a big deal as it's a gaming monitor. But it's something that would stop me from buying one as a work display. The Dell S2721DGF doesn't have this problem and would thus be my choice out of these two.

As the VA you mentioned is only a 750:1 contrast display, picture quality will be much better with either of the new monitors. Both are in fact capable of doing color critical work, but only after proper calibration.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The M27Q is not something i'd buy if you're looking at text the whole day. It uses a non-standard BGR pixel layout that will result in blurrier text in some cases. Normally it's not a big deal as it's a gaming monitor. But it's something that would stop me from buying one as a work display. The Dell S2721DGF doesn't have this problem and would thus be my choice out of these two.

As the VA you mentioned is only a 750:1 contrast display, picture quality will be much better with either of the new monitors. Both are in fact capable of doing color critical work, but only after proper calibration.

Thanks much appreciated.  Keeping eye fatigue to a minimum is important to me.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!