Different IP's on websites

iVizWiz

Hello, when I was searching for my public IP, it came up with different addresses for each website. Is there a way to fix this in my router settings?

image.png.4a619eb19da4cedf3c602ba24e8d7719.pngimage.png.c06f3ef79d2934f2324612db07850027.png

Look in your router settings, if your WAN IP address is somewhere in the 100.64.x.x through 100.127.x.x range then you're behind CG-NAT and there isn't a way to fix it without spending money which explains why you're getting bounced between multiple IP addresses.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yeah my IP is 100.68.XXX.XXX so does that mean I have to contact my service provider and remove it?

Just now, iVizWiz said:

Yeah my IP is 100.68.XXX.XXX so does that mean I have to contact my service provider and remove it?

You have to contact them and (in like 99% of cases) pay money for a public (static) IPv4 address.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, iVizWiz said:

Okay thanks!

Yah, hopefully you can get a static/public IPv4 address. Some providers only charge a few bucks a month but others limit you to business class or much more expensive plans 😞

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I was thinking to change to a static address because since I changed provider I am having troubles with my bobcat miner, I port forwarded it correctly but it still doesn't work, is that a problem because of the cgnat?

3 minutes ago, iVizWiz said:

, is that a problem because of the cgnat?

Yeah port forwarding doesnt work with carrier grade NAT. As the ISP would have to port forward on their end, and 90% of the time they wont. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I can port forward my Minecraft Server, I just use my 100.68.XXX.XXX address to connect but I can't with the bobcat, I think its because the bobcat is sending the cgnat to the app and that app is trying to connect to that ip maybe? I don't really know that much.

4 hours ago, iVizWiz said:

I can port forward my Minecraft Server, I just use my 100.68.XXX.XXX address to connect but I can't with the bobcat, I think its because the bobcat is sending the cgnat to the app and that app is trying to connect to that ip maybe? I don't really know that much.

Where are you connecting from?  As a CG-NAT IP address should not be accessible at all from outside your LAN, but it may work while you are inside as your router will still be able to do NAT reflection locally and know where to send the traffic.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7