laptop heat issues

Hey guys , i have a big problem with heat management on my lenovo w52o with i7-2670qm and nvidia quadro 1000m , the laptop is still fairly usable and still packs up decent performance, yet my gpu and cpu temps spikes up everytime i connect to an internet connection either with wifi or ethernet, and i guess the issue comes fro ma software problem because i tried removing the wifi card and using it like that still i used ethernet and i had the same issue  , yet i reinstalled a newer version of windows thinking maybe that will bring up more dfrivers or smth but  still no luck so far , can anyone suggest me any solution

How long have you had the Laptop ?

Every cleaned its insides ? Change the thermal paste ? possibly replacing the cooling system ?

6 minutes ago, Mst0bG said:

Hey guys , i have a big problem with heat management on my lenovo w52o with i7-2670qm and nvidia quadro 1000m , the laptop is still fairly usable and still packs up decent performance, yet my gpu and cpu temps spikes up everytime i connect to an internet connection either with wifi or ethernet, and i guess the issue comes fro ma software problem because i tried removing the wifi card and using it like that still i used ethernet and i had the same issue  , yet i reinstalled a newer version of windows thinking maybe that will bring up more dfrivers or smth but  still no luck so far , can anyone suggest me any solution

Hi, what are your temperature spikes like? How high do they go? Also you can test for general overheating by running something CPU-intensive and see if it overheats. If it does, it could be a couple things: 1. your thermal paste dried out 2. your Fan has some Problems or 3. your exhaust is blocked with dust. I don't think it is a sowtware Problem, it seems more like a Hardware-Problem to me

Hope this helped

11 minutes ago, Mst0bG said:

Considering that that laptop is potentially almost 10 years, clean the fans and heatsink and replace the thermal paste. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

Given the specs, give the laptop a good dusting of the cooling system and time to repaste the CPU and GPU (remove the heatsinks and replace the thermal paste).

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Given the specs, give the laptop a good dusting of the cooling system and time to repaste the CPU and GPU (remove the heatsinks and replace the thermal paste).

Yeah, with Laptops that old, this is always a good thing to try

1 hour ago, Haraikomono said:

How long have you had the Laptop ?

Every cleaned its insides ? Change the thermal paste ? possibly replacing the cooling system ?

i did all of that but the issue seems to be internal , i cleaned out the laptop and i clean it out often as well 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

i did all of that just in case but was still having issues

1 hour ago, DreamCat04 said:

Hi, what are your temperature spikes like? How high do they go? Also you can test for general overheating by running something CPU-intensive and see if it overheats. If it does, it could be a couple things: 1. your thermal paste dried out 2. your Fan has some Problems or 3. your exhaust is blocked with dust. I don't think it is a sowtware Problem, it seems more like a Hardware-Problem to me

Hope this helped

gpu reaches 95 degrees idling , and the laptop is as clean as new with new thermal paste too 

1 hour ago, SlashedM said:

Considering that that laptop is potentially almost 10 years, clean the fans and heatsink and replace the thermal paste. 

they are cleaned and the thermal paste is renewed yet the issue is still there

10 minutes ago, Mst0bG said:

i did all of that just in case but was still having issues

Strange, do all the fans seem to be working well? Check to make sure the heatsink screws are tightened. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

11 hours ago, Mst0bG said:

gpu reaches 95 degrees idling , and the laptop is as clean as new with new thermal paste too 

95 in Idle? With new thermal paste? Is there a good contact between the cooler and the GPU? The issue could then be low mounting pressure. May be caused if there are thermal pads on the VRMs are too thick

3 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

95 in Idle? With new thermal paste? Is there a good contact between the cooler and the GPU? The issue could then be low mounting pressure. May be caused if there are thermal pads on the VRMs are too thick

do u think if i switched the motherboard it will fix it? i could buy a new one to solve this

22 hours ago, Mst0bG said:

the issue is still there

as I said before, if the cleaning doesnt help, consider replacing the cooling system

On 7/6/2021 at 3:54 PM, Mst0bG said:

do u think if i switched the motherboard it will fix it? i could buy a new one to solve this

Try re-seating the cooling system and look out for an even mounting pressure on all the screws. If that doesn't help, test if your cooling system is even functional. You can do that by removing it from your laptop and then grabbing it carefully by its fins and holding an active lighter a couple centimeters under the contact area where the cpu would touch it. That way you put in heat into the system. If the fins get warmer and hot eventually it's fine and it's not the fault of the cooling system. If it stays the same temperature, the heat pipes could be dead and need to be replaced. In that case it's easier to just replace the whole cooling system if there is still spare ones available for sale. Is the air that comes out of the fins warm? If it isn't in the first place, you don't have to do that step I just explained, as long as the mounting pressure is high but not too high and even