1080 TI

Go to solution Solved by proxxyys,

Tbh if you need a GPU atm and you want the GTX 1080 ti for 700 AUD or 527 USD then go get it, but if you can wait I rather you get a 3060 Ti thats better than the 2080 super which beats the 1080 ti for 400 USD (don't know how much a 3060 ti is in AUD).

Is $700 AUD good for ROG STRIX GTX 1080TI?

4 minutes ago, YoLige said:

Depends on what your market looks like for used/new prices. Where I'm from that's a solid deal

Tbh if you need a GPU atm and you want the GTX 1080 ti for 700 AUD or 527 USD then go get it, but if you can wait I rather you get a 3060 Ti thats better than the 2080 super which beats the 1080 ti for 400 USD (don't know how much a 3060 ti is in AUD).

6 hours ago, proxxyys said:

so a used 1080ti today for $400 is a decent deal? i'm only asking because i do need a gpu upgrade, but don't want to jump right to the top tier.

depends on what variant of it. if its like the asus turbo that has the lower fan garbage then no but if its like a cooler that was made to handle it then yea by all means go it for it if you want it. 

2 hours ago, proxxyys said:

depends on what variant of it. if its like the asus turbo that has the lower fan garbage then no but if its like a cooler that was made to handle it then yea by all means go it for it if you want it. 

hmm.... most decently priced cards i see online are.... well, fan-blown design.

so i guess that's a no then.

9 hours ago, Error 504 said:

hmm.... most decently priced cards i see online are.... well, fan-blown design.

so i guess that's a no then.

yea usually temps on those lower fans cards are not good unless you wanna pay like 100+ bucks on ebay for a decent cooler then no

20 hours ago, proxxyys said:

Strix has garbage cooler as well.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, YoLige said:

The price is not bad but that GPU is quite old.

I'd ask for 3 months warranty.

But me personally would never buy strix anymore.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

55 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

how's the msi gaming x? this one: https://us.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-11G.html

there are few of them on sale right now on ebay.

thanks.

Much better.

They were using Twin Frozr cooler design.

Besides though I never had that card to test I trust more MSI or Gigabyte then Asus.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Much better.

They were using Twin Frozr cooler design.

Besides though I never had that card to test I trust more MSI or Gigabyte then Asus.

correction, "on sale" didn't make any of the prices "sensible". the prices have come down, but i don't know if i would want to spend over $700 for an msi twin frozr 1080ti today.... hm....

30 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

correction, "on sale" didn't make any of the prices "sensible". the prices have come down, but i don't know if i would want to spend over $700 for an msi twin frozr 1080ti today.... hm....

Can you get Palit or Gainward,they are much cheaper but trust me,make awesome cards,specially Gainward.

11 hours ago, frozensun said:

Can you get Palit or Gainward,they are much cheaper but trust me,make awesome cards,specially Gainward.

i looked around, those two cards are basically sold for over $1,000 ,that's a bit too much for my wallet..... but ya, they do have super cooling.

2 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

i looked around, those two cards are basically sold for over $1,000 ,that's a bit too much for my wallet..... but ya, they do have super cooling.

show me what you could buy,and let me give you suggestion.

I'm surprised because Palit and Gainward are in low segment pricing.

6 hours ago, frozensun said:

show me what you could buy,and let me give you suggestion.

I'm surprised because Palit and Gainward are in low segment pricing.

there are couple msi frozr on ebay selling for $700 +/- 10%. i'm not in dire need of a graphic card, maybe i should save up more money and get a new one later, when this whole chip-shortage thing is over, or when cryptocurrency loses its appeal.