120-144hz monitor or 1440p monitor gaming with GTX 770?

Prodigydeadeye

The title says it all, which would you recommend? Setting would be adjusted to take advantage of high refresh rate, used in FPS games.

I should be studying.

I would say just get a 1440p monitor. If you have the money why not get a 1440p 120Hz monitor?

Quote me to get a reply!

I would say just get a 1440p monitor. If you have the money why not get a 1440p 120Hz monitor?

Its all about that IPS bro. And a gtx 770 cannot perform well enough to take advantage of a high refresh rate on a 1440p monitor.

I should be studying.

Its all about that IPS bro. And a gtx 770 cannot perform well enough to take advantage of a high refresh rate on a 1440p monitor.

My little 760 handles all the games on a gtx 770, although the highest demanding game i own is BF3, and my PC cheats by having a 4770k so I can't give you a real answer, but I do have a friend with a 770, he's happily playing ridiculous 1080p games, so I'm saying, personally, from my heart, deep down, 1440p.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

My little 760 handles all the games on a gtx 770, although the highest demanding game i own is BF3, and my PC cheats by having a 4770k so I can't give you a real answer, but I do have a friend with a 770, he's happily playing ridiculous 1080p games, so I'm saying, personally, from my heart, deep down, 1440p.

You are so lucky to have friends that are pc gamers :(

I should be studying.

You are so lucky to have friends that are pc gamers :(

all my friends scream and cuss on their crappy consoles playing COD.  While I... must stand alone, however I'm in the PCmasterrace.  Can't complain.

Yeah there are IPS monitors that can overclock to 120hz.

Quote me to get a reply!

all my friends scream and cuss on their crappy consoles playing COD.  While I... must stand alone, however I'm in the PCmasterrace.  Can't complain.

Dude it's like we have the same friends...

I should be studying.

Yeah there are IPS monitors that can overclock to 120hz.

I wouldn't get a Korean model. 

I should be studying.

if you are willing to sacrifice some settings I would go with 1440p. I had gtx 680 and 1440 game play was okay until you tried early release BF4 on ultra, turning it down got it to much better fps level. AC4 was not to bad on high. 

Are you really going to be able to push much over 60fps with a 770?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

if you are willing to sacrifice some settings I would go with 1440p. I had gtx 680 and 1440 game play was okay until you tried early release BF4 on ultra, turning it down got it to much better fps level. AC4 was not to bad on high. 

Are you really going to be able to push much over 60fps with a 770? 

In games like Bioshock infinite, Titanfall, and CS:GO I will easily be able to push over 60.

I should be studying.

In games like Bioshock infinite, Titanfall, and CS:GO I will easily be able to push over 60.

I put that up then went to look at the benchmarks and saw that it is possible. I love my 1440p, but I have never used a 120Hz monitor so I can't compare. Still really enjoy it for AAA titles. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I've got a 770 and I've also been looking into this too and from my research it seems 1440 would be ok, you can remove some levels of AA due to the higher number of pixels which allows smoother display natively.

If all else fails, I'm personally willing to set in-game resolution back to 1080 if the game doesn't feel or look good.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |