TP-Link AC1750 Doesn't connect via wired connection?

DannyBoii

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/165454

The above is what I found about my issue. My router's firmware doesn't even detect my pi on any of the 4 available connections.

I'm hoping to figure out a solution before having to return the router. Apparently it's common for wired connections no to work with these types of routers. Would appreciate feed back. Thanks!

EDIT: My cmd doesn't detect the pi either.

wired.jpg

As a general rule cables are more likely to go bad than other hardware, and ethernet has gone through a pile of revisions over the years which frequently involve changing the way the cable is built and which colors connect where. They’re supposed to be backwards compatible but sometimes there are issues.  Step 1 would be to check which versions various things speak and if the parts are known good.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

As a general rule cables are more likely to go bad than other hardware, and ethernet has gone through a pile of revisions over the years which frequently involve changing the way the cable is built and which colors connect where. They’re supposed to be backwards compatible but sometimes there are issues.  Step 1 would be to check which versions various things speak and if the parts are known good.  

I just swapped the same hardware (Except the router). I had a gateway combo which I changed for a separate modem router. The router shows a connection light when I plug something in but there is no ethernet connection detected anywhere. The pi and ethernet cable I'm using work fine on the gateway.

EDIT: My ethernet adapter has no ipv4 address. not sure if that's helpful. That and the light next to my ethernet port on my 3 B+ is yellow. Apparently that means it's working.

1 hour ago, DannyBoii said:

I just swapped the same hardware (Except the router). I had a gateway combo which I changed for a separate modem router. The router shows a connection light when I plug something in but there is no ethernet connection detected anywhere. The pi and ethernet cable I'm using work fine on the gateway.

EDIT: My ethernet adapter has no ipv4 address. not sure if that's helpful. That and the light next to my ethernet port on my 3 B+ is yellow. Apparently that means it's working.

Ooh the ipv4 vs ipv6 thing may matter..  need someone who knows about how raspberry pi (doesn’t pluralize well in English) does it’s connection stuff and is familiar with both ipv4 and ipv6.  I am not one such I’m afraid. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.