Building Budget PC Help

JUstNo

Budget (including currency): 800 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like Minecraft so nothing too intense 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wdXwsX

I'm trying to make a budget PC. I don't play intense games and mostly only play Minecraft. I want to know if my choices are good and if I can reduce the cost as it is currently $50 over my budget. If there isn't a way to reduce it without losing performance significantly then I'm okay with spending more. 

7 minutes ago, JUstNo said:

Budget (including currency): 800 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like Minecraft so nothing too intense 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wdXwsX

I'm trying to make a budget PC. I don't play intense games and mostly only play Minecraft. I want to know if my choices are good and if I can reduce the cost as it is currently $50 over my budget. If there isn't a way to reduce it without losing performance significantly then I'm okay with spending more. 

Theres no gpu

And 1600 af does not have an igpu .-.

Btw what else will you be using other than minecraft

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cJfTy4

better psu.

also removed the HDD, storage is easy to expand in the future.

also you can buy better gpu used with 350cad. like rx 50 or 580, or gtx 1060 or 980

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bZcDW3

Another mediocre pcpartpicker by me .-.

cpu has integrated graphics that are better than that gt 710

you may want to set an all core overclock of 4.6ghz with a voltage around 1.25v (the lower the voltage the better) to test stability use prime95 and cinebench

half decent board

Case has been thrown out the window, buy a 3$ scrap case or whatever cheap case you can find used or new, or not just go caseless and have the components sitting on top of the motherboard box, i still do this and yea its kinda messy and moving it around is a pain in the ass but im just too lazy to put it in a case xD

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

you may want to set an all core overclock of 4.6ghz with a voltage around 1.25v (the lower the voltage the better) to test stability use prime95 and cinebench

Coffee Lake overclocking is no joke. I got mine to 5.3GHz all core at 1.4V on a cheap MSI Z370M board. If you'll feed it the volts, it won't disappoint. I got lucky, but 5.1GHz is an extremely common number to hit with nice and safe voltages around 1.3-1.35.

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bZcDW3

Another mediocre pcpartpicker by me .-.

cpu has integrated graphics that are better than that gt 710

half decent board

Case has been thrown out the window, buy a 3$ scrap case or whatever cheap case you can find used or new, or not just go caseless and have the components sitting on top of the motherboard box, i still do this and yea its kinda messy and moving it around is a pain in the ass but im just too lazy to put it in a case xD

Why would you take them from a build with a GPU, all be it over priced, to an iGPU?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Why would you take them from a build with a GPU, all be it over priced, to an iGPU?

Umm the gpu is a literal peice of crap thats only used as a display adapter, the hd630 on the 9600k is a backup display adapter but still gonna perform better than a gt710 xD

Like op is mostly gonna play mc and mc needs alot of single thread performance, 9600k can reach pretty high clocks like 4.8ghz and beyond if the cooler was better

But something like a 11400 can only reach 4.4ghz not to mention only on 1 core

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Umm the gpu is a literal peice of crap thats only used as a display adapter, the hd630 on the 9600k is a backup display adapter but still gonna perform better than a gt710 xD

Like op is mostly gonna play mc and mc needs alot of single thread performance, 9600k can reach pretty high clocks like 4.8ghz and beyond if the cooler was better

But something like a 11400 can only reach 4.4ghz not to mention only on 1 core

he has 1050ti..

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

he has 1050ti..

Oh shit did i mix up my thread replies?

Well im a fking moron xD