GTX 970 Power management problem

9 minutes ago, XERYS said:

around 35-40$ 

Not enough. You wont get a better unit than you have now. The cheapest safe one is a cx650 right now on newegg due to a promotion it is 50$

Just now, jaslion said:

Not enough. You wont get a better unit than you have now. The cheapest safe one is a cx650 right now on newegg due to a promotion it is 50$

well i think i might be able to buy it. any way thanks for the help i really appreciate it 

13 minutes ago, XERYS said:

well i think i might be able to buy it. any way thanks for the help i really appreciate it 

Oh you can BUY PSUs for that little. They’re just often not safe.  The issue with PSUs is theyre the most powerful pice of equipment in the machine and generally the only component that can actually destroy the rest of the machine because they connect to basically everything.  Even a few volts of rogue power is enough to vaporize the metal traces right off a cpu. To make it more fun PSUs ALWAYS eventually fail.  They have to convert high voltage AC to low voltage DC. There are a couple ways to do that, but the one everybody uses involves very large capacitors.  This means PSUs are subject to failure.  Aside from it being potentially actively life-safety dangerous to open a PSU box, even after it’s been unplugged, it becomes a question of how long will it last and will it fail safely or will it take parts of your machine with it.

you want to watch a scare video Google YouTube diablotek.  Actual flames.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Oh you can BUY PSUs for that little. They’re just often not safe.  The issue with PSUs is theyre the most powerful pice of equipment in the machine and generally the only component that can actually destroy the rest of the machine because they connect to basically everything.  Even a few volts of rogue power is enough to vaporize the metal traces right off a cpu. To make it more fun PSUs ALWAYS eventually fail.  They have to convert high voltage AC to low voltage DC. There are a couple ways to do that, but the one everybody uses involves very large capacitors.  This means PSUs are subject to failure.  Aside from it being potentially actively life-safety dangerous to open a PSU box, even after it’s been unplugged, it becomes a question of how long will it last and will it fail safely or will it take parts of your machine with it.

you want to watch a scare video Google YouTube diablotek.  Actual flames.

Understood thanks for the help