KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

So recently, I got a nearly bricked HDD from my dad. I put it in, but alas, it was loud and slow. Eventually, it started slowing the whole machine down, however I didnt have 30 minutes to wait until my PC powers off, I remove it and then it powers on again. I have disconnected Hard Drives at runtime in the past, and had no bad experiences doing so, so I did exactly that. Unfortunately, this time I wasn't let off so easy. In moments, I got a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, followed by an infinite boot -> BSOD -> reboot loop. I have no idea what to do. Automatic repair failed, as per usual, and I've never really encountered this issue before. Reinstalling or formatting is not an option. Anyone know what to do now?

8 minutes ago, tmunited99 said:

So recently, I got a nearly bricked HDD from my dad. I put it in, but alas, it was loud and slow. Eventually, it started slowing the whole machine down, however I didnt have 30 minutes to wait until my PC powers off, I remove it and then it powers on again. I have disconnected Hard Drives at runtime in the past, and had no bad experiences doing so, so I did exactly that. Unfortunately, this time I wasn't let off so easy. In moments, I got a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, followed by an infinite boot -> BSOD -> reboot loop. I have no idea what to do. Automatic repair failed, as per usual, and I've never really encountered this issue before. Reinstalling or formatting is not an option. Anyone know what to do now?

Reinstalling is an option if you can backup your data to an external hdd maybe through linux or something

Maybe take a photo of what the bsod looks like and post it here

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Reinstalling is an option if you can backup your data to an external hdd maybe through linux or something

Maybe take a photo of what the bsod looks like and post it here

No, not even with backing up data. I would somehow also need to be able to transfer my registry.kernel data inpage error BSOD - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

Regarding the picture, it is not mine, however mine looks just like that one, just in my language.

2 minutes ago, tmunited99 said:

No, not even with backing up data. I would somehow also need to be able to transfer my registry.kernel data inpage error BSOD - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

Regarding the picture, it is not mine, however mine looks just like that one, just in my language.

Ok makes sense to post a similar bsod with the same error but in english.

Im not really sure whats happening here and i dont think i can help you, maybe search up your error on the internet and ways to fix the error.

Btw why do you need to transfer the registry?

Wont your programs just edit the registry back to the way it was?

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ok makes sense to post a similar bsod with the same error but in english.

Im not really sure whats happening here and i dont think i can help you, maybe search up your error on the internet and ways to fix the error.

Btw why do you need to transfer the registry?

Wont your programs just edit the registry back to the way it was?

Im looking for an hour now. In desperation I came here, the final place to find answers.

They likely won't. I have cracked software where it would be very unlikely for the cracked state to transfer.

12 minutes ago, tmunited99 said:

Im looking for an hour now. In desperation I came here, the final place to find answers.

They likely won't. I have cracked software where it would be very unlikely for the cracked state to transfer.

Just redo the cracking ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just redo the cracking ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Very lazy, but it seems like I will have to reinstall more and more. I have many reasons to besides this, my install is f*cked up. But I have everything set up, customized and just ready. I don't really have much time. Besides, would reinstalling even really fix the issue? Is my entire hard drive damaged?

Very lazy, but it seems like I will have to reinstall more and more. I have many reasons to besides this, my install is f*cked up. But I have everything set up, customized and just ready. I don't really have much time. Besides, would reinstalling even really fix the issue? Is my entire hard drive damaged?

Hdd damage just because you unplugged something is bs unless if it was a short.

I plugged in the molex connector on my fan + the 3 pin connector while it was on, didnt notice any rpm difference but the hdd just flat out died cause it made weird noises, so a short isnt undfeasable but it usualy kills the drive not have it in a semi running state.

Prob just windows being retarded and freaking out as usual

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Hdd damage just because you unplugged something is bs unless if it was a short.

I plugged in the molex connector on my fan + the 3 pin connector while it was on, didnt notice any rpm difference but the hdd just flat out died cause it made weird noises, so a short isnt undfeasable but it usualy kills the drive not have it in a semi running state.

Prob just windows being retarded and freaking out as usual

Yeah, no file loss appears to have happened. It just refuses to boot normally, and when I try booting into safe mode it every time starts automatic repair, which will only send me to normal booting afterwards. Lmao

Yeah, no file loss appears to have happened. It just refuses to boot normally, and when I try booting into safe mode it every time starts automatic repair, which will only send me to normal booting afterwards. Lmao

Looks like in this instance, windows is freaking out for whatever reason -_-

I wonder how linux would hold up in this same situation, will some distros freak out and be unbootable or will it just never freak out?

Just a random thought¯\_(ツ)_/¯