Is Ryzen 6000 likley to move to DDR5?

So my Current gaming PC is as follows

R7 2700x

32GB 3000 DDR4

RTX2070

MSI B550M Tomahawk

however i have found since WFH i have been getting very close to my RAM limits usually hovering around 28-30GB used at peak so im wanting to upgrade to a 64GB kit at 3600 however my plan was to upgrade my PC to the 6000 series r7 or r9 when they are released in the future so i dont want to drop like £400 on a 64GB RAM kit for it to be useless on my next machine should they move to DDR5

I lurk a lot

It is very likely both Intel and AMD are switching to DDR5 on their next platforms.

If your seeing 28-30GB used, your probably using more than your 32GB and windows is just actively managing what's on your ram. You'd likely notice the upgrade.

First gen DDR5 is going to be expensive. Personally I'm avoiding the first gen of the new platforms because of the cost and likely some early bugs. Upgrading now vs waiting are both great options.

If your PC is still great, waiting is best IMO

1 minute ago, CryingWimp said:

It is very likely both Intel and AMD are switching to DDR5 on their next platforms.

If your seeing 28-30GB used, your probably using more than your 32GB and windows is just actively managing what's on your ram.

First gen DDR5 is going to be expensive.

yeah i knew about intel moving thats why i figured AMD might do the same the money isnt too much of an issue since my work approved me to expense it since i am useing my own PC for work tasks

from what i can gather from my colluge that has 128gb ram he maxes out at about 48gb when running the same task so i figured id crub it at 64gb.

think i might wait then for now.

I lurk a lot

From what I've gathered from all the info out there it is ddr5 with a slight possibility that ddr4 is also supported on some boards that do both.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

From what I've gathered from all the info out there it is ddr5 with a slight possibility that ddr4 is also supported on some boards that do both.

So the era of those lga 775 boards like p5qc that support both ddr2 and ddr3 have come back, might be usefull though if ddr5 has higher speeds and ryzen 6000 can run infinity fabric higher than 2200mhz, then maybe ddr5 is better but then again its only a slight performance boost .-.

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

So the era of those lga 775 boards like p5qc that support both ddr2 and ddr3 have come back, might be usefull though if ddr5 has higher speeds and ryzen 6000 can run infinity fabric higher than 2200mhz, then maybe ddr5 is better but then again its only a slight performance boost .-.

Again this is not confirmed so don't go see this as how things will be.

Basically if you want to see the performance you have to wait like usual.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Again this is not confirmed so don't go see this as how things will be.

Basically if you want to see the performance you have to wait like usual.

yeah i think im going to wait i did think about just grading to 5000 series but by the tim the 5950x is back in stock 6000 series will be out

I lurk a lot