Is there any waterblocks for EVGA GTX 1660 Super?

Ive looked everywhere for a waterblock for my EVGA GTX 1660 Super and i cant manage to find one on any supliers website, amazon or on ebay/kijiji, do they not make them for that model or do I use a 1660 TI waterblock?

why do you want one out of curiosity

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

It gets toasty sometimes and wanna get rid of the fans on it to reduce the noise, but To be completely honest, I mainly just like upgrading my pc and trying new things with it and ive wanted to water cool it for a while now but just havent been able to find a waterblock for it.

2 minutes ago, Gengars Taint said:

It gets toasty sometimes and wanna get rid of the fans on it to reduce the noise, but To be completely honest, I mainly just like upgrading my pc and trying new things with it and ive wanted to water cool it for a while now but just havent been able to find a waterblock for it.

They won't make a waterblock for a gpu if there isn't a large enough market for one in the first place. They need to make a profit so they won't go creat a product if they aren't certain they will be able to make money off of. 

20 minutes ago, Gengars Taint said:

Ive looked everywhere for a waterblock for my EVGA GTX 1660 Super and i cant manage to find one on any supliers website, amazon or on ebay/kijiji, do they not make them for that model or do I use a 1660 TI waterblock?

There isn’t really a market for low/mid end gpu waterblocks.

you could get an Arctic acellero IV instead of watercooling. It’s also probably going to be cheaper.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Personally i don't even think he has to bother with it even that much, considering its EVGA, just getting some better thermal pads and quality paste applied should improve thermals, i would only go for a new cooler if that fails.

8 minutes ago, Seyrren said:

Personally i don't even think he has to bother with it even that much, considering its EVGA, just getting some better thermal pads and quality paste applied should improve thermals, i would only go for a new cooler if that fails.

This and you can just fan mod it pretty much solving the issue. (as in take some really good silent fans like the arctic p series and ziptie them onto the cooler after removing existing fans and shroud).

Yea that makes sense, thats kinda what i figured, i was just hoping maybe there was some supplier out there that still had them. I have access to a cnc machine and Bridgeport and have a couple years of machining and fabrication experience so i will probably just make my own as it wont be that hard, just alot of measuring and research to be done, was just seeing if anyone knew where i could get something more professional and nice looking. But i appreciate you all taking the time to give me some info and helpful tips on the subject

3 hours ago, Gengars Taint said:

Yea that makes sense, thats kinda what i figured, i was just hoping maybe there was some supplier out there that still had them. I have access to a cnc machine and Bridgeport and have a couple years of machining and fabrication experience so i will probably just make my own as it wont be that hard, just alot of measuring and research to be done, was just seeing if anyone knew where i could get something more professional and nice looking. But i appreciate you all taking the time to give me some info and helpful tips on the subject

I dunno if still being made but maybe try your luck with universal water blocks ? Like i said, I dunno if it is still being made but back in the navi-rx580 era of sort i remember there being a few general purpose waterblocks for gpu's.

--------

Slightly off topic but this is the second or third thread i've seen recently someone with an EVGA card complaining about heat, its also interesting that they are all chips sort of related to the 2060 (since the 1660 is mostly a cut down version without tensor cores of the 2060), back when i got mine and i went for the 2060 Strix variant people seem to be against it but considering that the price at that time was under a a regular RTX2060+Arctic acellero IV and my temps are always at max 60C with pretty silent fans i'm honestly very happy now that  i didn't listen to others and went for the slightly factory OC'd one with a very good cooling solution, it was money well spent.