I have an Ryzen 7 5800x and a B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, The B550 cant read the 5000 series CPU until I get a BIOS update for it...

CallMeBungie

I don't own another Windows computer so i'm stuck with my Macbook to find this BIOS update and put it on a USB for my PC build. I found the place to get my BIOS update ( https://www.aorus.com/motherboards/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10/Support ), however, when clicking on any of the updates Crome feeds me a white screen saying "not found" on the top left corner. I have already tried turning off ad blocker and I have tried both Firefox and Safari and still no success, I'd really appreciate some help with getting this file onto my USB so I can start gaming, if in advance, thank you!

WOW!, both reddit and discord couldn't solve this issue you are actually a legend 🙏 I now have a .zip sitting in the desktop that probably has the BIOS update, should I put that into the USB or is it not that simple?

5 minutes ago, CallMeBungie said:

WOW!, both reddit and discord couldn't solve this issue you are actually a legend 🙏 I now have a .zip sitting in the desktop that probably has the BIOS update, should I put that into the USB or is it not that simple?

Close, but not quite. The BIOS is inside the zip. Unzip and then put just the BIOS file on your USB.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Does having a Mac cause any issues from here or should I be good?

5 minutes ago, CallMeBungie said:

Does having a Mac cause any issues from here or should I be good?

Shouldn't cause any issues.
But please read the procedure to updating your BIOS carefully. It should be in the motherboard manual.

For updating the BIOS you usually need a compatible CPU. Some motherboards support the update without a CPU. Not sure if your motherbaord does.

Edit:
According to the manual:
image.png.040b3979401207c7099af65eefcdc565.png

image.png.5b56cebb5d2ffa2521a20d338f5908f3.png

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

Because this is my first update i've ever had to make on a PC id like to clarify that getting the latest available driver gives you all the past updates as-well. also do I have to name the file for Q-flash to read the right file (of course the USB will be empty expect for whatever the .zip gives me). Danke Schoen!

Place this B550AEAV.13g in the root of the USB drive and nothing else.

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

3 hours ago, CallMeBungie said:

root?

Emm so its not in any folder just straight on the USB.

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11