Canon m50 Cinestyle problem

Hello, If I record a lake or something (Right now its usually to test my settings) I use cinestyle 4k 24p manual focus with focus peaking. So dont yell at me for focus, I come back to the editing desk. Grade it a bit and this is what it looks like: 

A bit soft right? Thats my issue I have. I tried in 1080p 24p with dpaf to see if my settings are wrong on another trip I took today to see if my focus was the issue and yeah its probably cinestyle since before. I used 1080p dpaf with a desharpend setting and I grade that and its sharp, So what's up with cinestyle?

got any before image to do a comparison?  You’re also sharing us a video with YouTube compression applied

1 minute ago, Colorista said:

got any before image to do a comparison?  You’re also sharing us a video with YouTube compression applied

I dont but the youtube compression isn't changing the image that much. I can tell when I look at the video from my computer and youtube.

Ok you can see the difference. But we can't. What software are you using?  What techniques or settings are you using?

1 minute ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I dont but the youtube compression isn't changing the image that much. I can tell when I look at the video from my computer and youtube.

Also I'd like to add that I have other scenes taken without cinestyle and it is much sharper even in fhd

1 minute ago, Colorista said:

Ok you can see the difference. But we can't. What software are you using?  What techniques or settings are you using?

Im using 180 degree shutter 800 iso f6.3

Premiere pro

And Im adjusting a cinestyle lut

3 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Im using 180 degree shutter 800 iso f6.3

Premiere pro

And Im adjusting a cinestyle lut

I mean what sort of settings do you use for sharpening the image.  If you are using premiere, join this group and ask your questions

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adobepremierepro

11 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Okay

And these groups for color correction & grading questions

https://www.facebook.com/groups/colorgradingcentral 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColoristsFromAllOverTheWorld 

A word of advice: all the groups I mentioned are made up of people who are working with these tools every day, they have a lot of knowledge and experience. Because of that they will sometimes respond in ways that are not beginner friendly and will request you provide as much detail as possible.

2 minutes ago, Colorista said:

And these groups for color correction & grading questions

https://www.facebook.com/groups/colorgradingcentral 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColoristsFromAllOverTheWorld 

A word of advice: all the groups I mentioned are made up of people who are working with these tools every day, they have a lot of knowledge and experience. Because of that they will sometimes respond in ways that are not beginner friendly and will request you provide as much detail as possible.

Okay

cinestyle is not adding a lot of the sharpness canon usually bakes in

are you running any image stabilization in camera? both versions really hurt how the image looks
what lens?

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Can you zoom to set focus? This can help a lot to get focus right on a camera.

What settings where used for this shot?

Try sharpening in post, I think cinesytle turns off most of the sharpening in camera, so if you want it sharper do it in post.

Can you show a crop? Youtube isn't great for showing sharpness due to compression.

4 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

cinestyle is not adding a lot of the sharpness canon usually bakes in

are you running any image stabilization in camera? both versions really hurt how the image looks
what lens?

55-250 at 55 for the lens. No Image stabilization on the lens and none on the body (Digital image stabilization is turned off)

Should I add sharpness in post?

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you zoom to set focus? This can help a lot to get focus right on a camera.

What settings where used for this shot?

Try sharpening in post, I think cinesytle turns off most of the sharpening in camera, so if you want it sharper do it in post.

Can you show a crop? Youtube isn't great for showing sharpness due to compression.

I will

Edit: 200% zoom in 

image.png.5c614984ec4be4bc8e52a60229177e44.png

1 hour ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

55-250 at 55 for the lens. No Image stabilization on the lens and none on the body (Digital image stabilization is turned off)

Should I add sharpness in post?

I’d turn it on for the lens but keep it off on the body 

You’ll need to add some 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

14 hours ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I will

Edit: 200% zoom in 

image.png.5c614984ec4be4bc8e52a60229177e44.png

What exposure settings are you using?

That looks like its not fully sharp, but can't really be sure. Try stopping down to about f8, with a low iso for comparison.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What exposure settings are you using?

That looks like its not fully sharp, but can't really be sure. Try stopping down to about f8, with a low iso for comparison.

around 800 iso at f5 or 4.5 

Just now, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

around 800 iso at f5 or 4.5 

ill give it a go soon