Heatsink for Samsung 970 Evo

Filingo

Hi,

I want to buy a heatsink for my Samsung 970 Evo - and it comes with a silicone pad. 

Now the chips on the 970 are covered with a  sticker. And I think removing the sticker voids warranty - is using a heatsink on the sticker effective? (With the pad between the heatsink and the sticker)

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Hi,

I want to buy a heatsink for my Samsung 970 Evo - and it comes with a silicone pad. 

Now the chips on the 970 are covered with a  sticker. And I think removing the sticker voids warranty - is using a heatsink on the sticker effective? (With the pad between the heatsink and the sticker)

Thanks

I’m not exactly sure but I think you’d have to remove the sticker since you’ll have to place the thermal pad between the actual heatsink and ssd it self. I think it would be not affective to the ssd when you leave the sticker on. Don’t quote me on it but I tried.

Samsung uses Stickers as a heat spreader. They are actually partially made out of copper. Though I wouldnt worry about NAND temps since its supposed to be warm. 

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

thanks guys! I was just worried because Samsung Magician showed that it's always 60C and above when under load and it shows "Very High" like it's really bad.

So if this sticker is partially aluminium I think I will give this extra heat sink a chance and report back when it arrives