A Grand.1 Sniper Rig -- For a Friend

ilikemacandpc

Hey LTT! I will be putting this together for a friend tomorrow afternoon; the total was around a grand (hence the name). My friend really wanted the green color scheme.

Should I do live build updates? Well then, as decided by the community, 11 to 3, there will be live updates. 

Unfortunately, I could not do live build updates. Well better late than never for pics...

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($95.46 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage:  A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($69.99 @ TigerDirect) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($249.95 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive:  LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($15.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case Fan:  BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 56.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($13.90 @ Amazon) 
Total: $963.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-03 05:55 EDT-0400)

13738323794_791a0f5711.jpg 13738313284_98b6813548.jpg13737953913_df8014d393.jpg 13738318754_735f99a9e1.jpg

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

A grand of what?

I wouldn't create a build log personally. It's a pretty average build, so unless you're doing something unusual, there's not much of a reason to. 

Well the question is not necessarily a case of whether we want it, do you think its something you would be proud to show off to us? if the answer is yes, go for it :)

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

why u non k i5 ? :(

No intent on overclocking, as the build is more silence oriented. Also, the CPU cooler is noted for being appreciably quieter than the 212 Plus/Evo. 

No intent on overclocking, as the build is more silence oriented. Also, the CPU cooler is noted for being appreciably quieter than the 212 Plus/Evo. 

oh.. oko k than

Build updated with pics. And yes, that's an IBM Model M.

A grand of what?

I wouldn't create a build log personally. It's a pretty average build, so unless you're doing something unusual, there's not much of a reason to. 

maybe he just felt like making a build log. who are you to tell people that there build isn't good enough to be on here.  

Did you consider hiding the HD in the 5.25" bay?  Will look cleaner :) otherwise nice job.  

maybe he just felt like making a build log. who are you to tell people that there build isn't good enough to be on here.  

He asked if he should do a build log, so I gave my opinion. It's not like I said that he should stop halfway through. 

Funny thing, the cable management looks way better in the pictures. It looked a bit horrid in person. 

That IBM Model M though!!! Lol kind of funny how he went for the Define R4 which is meant for silent computing while the IBM Model M is probably one of the loudest keyboard! But great build by the way!

any pics with the sides on? looks pretty clean either way man :)

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

Nice. Green and black, I like it.

Which reminds me, will I be calling mine a "build summary" or just "build" since I'm not taking pics at every stage of the build and the rig is nothing custom to warrant a "build log"?