Desktop PC Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by OfficialTechSpace,
5 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

I'd like to get a super ultra wide, Samsung C49RG90(5120x1440) and run it on low settings for 120FPS 

What parts would you guys recommend i'd upgrade to play at that resolution and frames?

No hardware can really push that high of a resolution at that framerate, that's approaching the same pixel count as 4K. Gaming at that resolution (same with 4K) won't really be viable for high-refresh gaming for a few more years to come, and by that time, there'll be a newer and better version of that monitor available.

8 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

1. Current Rig: I've got a 1080TI with a 9th gen I9K, 32GB DDR4 @3200Mhz (Dual Channel) on a Asus VG27A (2560x1440) 

That's about as good as you can get with this market. You can't really buy new cards unless you're SUPER patient, or are willing to pay scalper prices. The rest of your system is perfectly acceptable, and I see no point in you upgrading. 1440p is also slowly becoming the new industry standard resolution for high-refresh gaming, and that monitor you already have is not bad. 

12 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

I'm aware of the prices being way to high atm, and i'm not intending on buying stuff right now, to just kind of wait for things to get better with the parts economy.

Anything we'd recommend right now would be irrelevant by the time that the market goes back to normal, hopefully in Q4 2022. 🤞

Hey guys!

I've been running my gaming PC for a few years now and i was hoping to get advice on what to upgrade for what i'd like to do:

1. Current Rig: I've got a 1080TI with a 9th gen I9K, 32GB DDR4 @3200Mhz (Dual Channel) on a Asus VG27A (2560x1440) 

2. Intentions: I'm intending to play a lot of FPS games, most noticeably Destiny 2. I'd like to get a super ultra wide, Samsung C49RG90 (5120x1440) and run it on low settings for 120FPS 

My question would be: What parts would you guys recommend i'd upgrade to play at that resolution and frames?

I'm aware of the prices being way to high atm, and i'm not intending on buying stuff right now, to just kind of wait for things to get better with the parts economy.

Cheers!

-SonicEzio

-SonicEzio

gave what you have now or go closer to top end hardware.

The only thing you are missing is DLSS and such, but AMD's new solution might help you.

Also when you might be running it around the "4K" area of pixels?

Ultra wide is not the best, but can be immersive depending on the title. Else wide ones are good, also if you can get something that actually has a good screen for image quality. As the wider they get and curvier, the more issues you might face, from light bleed, issues around the frame and uniformity. You might be better off waiting for future gen and the GPU market is crazy, or you could sell the GPU, but doesn't leave you much options.

5 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

I'd like to get a super ultra wide, Samsung C49RG90(5120x1440) and run it on low settings for 120FPS 

What parts would you guys recommend i'd upgrade to play at that resolution and frames?

No hardware can really push that high of a resolution at that framerate, that's approaching the same pixel count as 4K. Gaming at that resolution (same with 4K) won't really be viable for high-refresh gaming for a few more years to come, and by that time, there'll be a newer and better version of that monitor available.

8 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

That's about as good as you can get with this market. You can't really buy new cards unless you're SUPER patient, or are willing to pay scalper prices. The rest of your system is perfectly acceptable, and I see no point in you upgrading. 1440p is also slowly becoming the new industry standard resolution for high-refresh gaming, and that monitor you already have is not bad. 

12 minutes ago, SonicEzio said:

Anything we'd recommend right now would be irrelevant by the time that the market goes back to normal, hopefully in Q4 2022. 🤞

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways