Ryzen + Nvidia MSHybrid (ala Optimus) microstutter

To preface this; I’ve had two laptops over the past month with the same problem - stuttering. I’ve been troubleshooting them rigorously to find out what’s going on.

For specs, both machines have a Ryzen 7 5800H + 16GB 3200 + RTX3070 8GB and storage is on two 512GB NVME drives.

The microstutters appear as duplicate frames for a few ms. and in Doom eternal for example, it shows as a sharp spike on the frametime graph

So I ended up returning the first machine because of this issue and then got an exchange for a new one, which also has this problem. Oddly enough it only seems to occur when it’s using Optimus Switchable Graphics, the standard mode.

Now yes I could put it into dGPU only mode however that requires a restart every time I want to change it. Using the iGPU for minor tasks is hugely beneficial for noise, heat and battery longevity so I need to be able to switch.

I’ve contacted Nvidia, AMD and a few devs about this but they keep running me around with things like reset windows every few messages or so - it’s obvious they don’t want to do anything. 

has anyone got any pointers? I feel like I’ve exhausted my arsenal.