What nightmare-inducing Skyrim mod-fail is this?

aisle9

In five years of modding the crap out of Skyrim, this is the first time I've seen the hands and faces of characters disappear. Some background: I picked Skyrim up yesterday for the first time in forever and moved a save from OG Skyrim over to SE. Because I hadn't touched SE in forever and a week, I updated my mods. I messed around with the old save a bit and noticed that Tonilia had no face. That's weird, but maybe just because it's an OG save file in SE.

So I created a new character and ventured into Ivarstead, and Temba Wide-Arms also has no face or arms. Just a floating mouth and a floating lumber hook when I first saw her, and if you're never seen a floating, headless mouth carrying a large, sharp object, then you've probably never had the nightmares I did last night.

Any ideas how to fix this? Is it a mod issue, or maybe an issue created when I moved the OG save file to SE? Please help. I don't want any more nightmares about...whatever that is.

ScreenShot0.thumb.png.0e983fe40263889dddd618967969803e.png

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

What you're seeing is what Todd Howard originally envisioned.

Spoiler

It just works" - T̶o̶d̶d̶ Godd Howard 2015 - YouTube

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

As far as I know not everything from OG Skyrim is compatible with SE. Don't know about saves but probably not the best idea.

Looks like missing textures. I don't think its missing or wrong meshes since those cause CTDs.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

reinstall your body mods and see if you have any tattoo mods or  over lays and turn them off @aisle9

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

37 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

reinstall your body mods and see if you have any tattoo mods or  over lays and turn them off @aisle9

I EZ-moded it and installed MO2. So far, no disembodied mouths with meat hooks.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.