Spanned Volume Missing after Windows reinstall

Silencer

Hey guys,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 after a BSOD and now the spanned volume (Data (G:)) is only showing 566 GB of capacity. I think Windows is only detecting one of the partitions on Disk 2 as a drive and as a result I can't access any of the data in Disk 0 or the other 256 GB partition in Disk 2.

image.thumb.png.660f0549a42d6100a20443c7e177cbea.png

I'm wondering how to fix this so the spanned volume has the correct amount of ~1.7 TB capacity without losing any of my data, or just being able to get my files back without a spanned volume.

Thanks

2 hours ago, ndesign.ie said:

Ouch, this will be tricky.

All drive detected correct?

Previous installation completely gone? no chance a previous version restore possible.

Please check this thread, it has help me in the past:

https://serverfault.com/questions/565209/windows-spanned-volume-data-recovery-possible-technical-advice-only-please

Yes all drives are detected correctly and the previous installation is completely gone.

This is what list volume looks like in diskpart

image.png.94a48ded7abb5db204f6e28c5187e742.png

Some additional info:

Before I reinstalled Windows I used a bootable linux usb to backup some files and noticed I couldn't mount the G volume. I tried using sudo ntfsfix /dev/xxx to fix this but still couldn't access the files and I decided to just leave it.

During the Windows install I think a chkdsk automatically ran and was deleting index entries for around an hour.

I'm trying GetBackData NTFS from the thread you linked and will get back to you on that as soon as its done.

Thanks!

Hope it works out, windows based raid gives me anxiety flashbacks from server 2003 raid failures.

I only rely on linux mdadm for my sanity, that and newer raid tech.

Hmm well GetBackData took about 8 hours to run and while there are some semblances of readable files all of it is in folders with jumbled numbers as names.

Maybe if I convert the spanned volumes back to simple volumes using something like AOMEI?