CAD program

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good free CAD program please? 

My boss refuses to get Autodesk due to cost even though it's a far superior program, instead we use a free one called JWW CAD. It is unbelievably crap. Janky and awkward to use, it is by far an inferior program but no choice as it's the free one.... 

I came close to bouncing this craptop out the window today while using it. 

But anyway any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you ☺️

Autodesks Fusion 360 has a free option for personal/hobby use. The paid version is also relatively cheap compared to Inventor or AutoCad

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal

Edit: I assumed it was for 3D modeling, but I may be wrong

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Try QCAD, it’s been my personal go to for casual use CAD for a while. It’s got a lot of features and a decently clean and easy to navigate UI.

38 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

Hi all,

My boss refuses to get Autodesk due to cost even though it's a far superior program, instead we use a free one called JWW CAD. It is unbelievably crap. Janky and awkward to use, it is by far an inferior program but no choice as it's the free one.... 

I came close to bouncing this craptop out the window today while using it. 

Thank you ☺️

Also depends on what are you doing with it. Are creating DXF files for laser or any other CNC cutter, or creating simple layouts for installation of wiring ,pluming machinery...

Autodesk AutoCAD is expensive but if you don`t have to needs for full programs there is also AutoCAD nano i believe with much much lower cost. 

34 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

If you want good in free...that can't happen. If you can pay some to get some then: 

Try Edu versions of the following:

Fusion 360

DS Catia

DS Solidworks

35 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

My boss refuses to get Autodesk due to cost even though it's a far superior program

Yes, its far superior than the crap you are using currently, but not the best. And Autodesk is a company which has multiple programs for different work fields, not only for CAD.

Autodesk Fusion 360 is a CAD software, which Autodesk has tons of other programs for different purposes.

38 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

Seeing your current scenario, i would suggest becoming a member of Titan' of CNC Academy...their this guy has crazy discounts. Solidworks SE only for 20$ ( 1 year) , MasterCam for 160$ (1 year)

If you don't want any of the above, then their is no other legal way.

Thanks everyone 😊 much appreciated, 

I'll have a look at everything and go from there, some interesting suggestions 🙂