Android phone - notifications absent until I launch the app

asheenlevrai

Hi 🙂

I have this weird problem with the following phone:

- Redmi Note 7 (4GB RAM, Snapdragon 660, 64GB)

- MIUI 12.0.3 stable

- Android 10

For both the Google Calendar events notifications and the SMS notifications (I set up FB messenger as the default SMS app), I just don't get them. No sound, no vibration, nothing. Although everything seems to be set up properly.

Notifications from other apps seem to work fine.

Even the "default" Calendar app and the "default" messaging app (the ones that comes with the phone) have notifications working properly. I just don't like these apps and I am more comfortable with the aforementioned ones (when notifications work properly)

Now, when I launch either the calendar or FB Messenger, all the overdue notifications come up at once.

I suspected that some kind of battery saving thingy would prevent those app to run in the background or something in order to save power and therefore block notifications from actually happening...

I looked into battery settings and found that, for some apps, I can setup "app battery saver". I turned that off for FB Messenger (no effect whatsoever) but the calendar app is not among those for which this setting is available, apparently.

Well, I'm getting a little lost here and I would be very grateful if you could help me troubleshoot this any further.

Thoughts?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

Best,

-a-