I heard that i can use dlss on my gtx 1660ti but how?

ognax
Just now, Middcore said:

I used a 5700 for a year and never had the slightest problem with it, nor have I had a single reason to complain about the 6800 I have now. 

Anecdotes! 

Experiences are not always the same, it is however worth listening to both sides.

No anecdotes, just knowledge.

Just now, FrodoX570 said:

Experiences are not always the same, it is however worth listening to both sides.

No anecdotes, just knowledge.

By the same token, one could talk about all the people who got burned with the "space invaders" memory fault on the non-super Turing cards as a reason why they were a bad buy back then.

None of it germane to the topic of whether DLSS made the 2060 a better pick than its competitors... and none of this a tall germane to the topic of whether DLSS will work on a 1660 ti.

So I'm done with this now. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

By the same token, one could talk about all the people who got burned with the "space invaders" memory fault on the non-super Turing cards as a reason why they were a bad buy back then.

None of it germane to the topic of whether DLSS made the 2060 a better pick than its competitors... and none of this a tall germane to the topic of whether DLSS will work on a 1660 ti.

So I'm done with this now. 

It was significant enough as the 5700 series were the main competitor to the 2060, and it was headline news, it applies to the general discussion flow.

FSR and a chance that drivers won't work correctly with your card or configuration are to me not worth the headache anymore, I prefer the premium price of Nvidia as it is likely to work. Pay a bit more now and game fine? Pay less and hope you get a good experience?

Again personal preference, the 2060 was also the only card viable with such insane prices.

2 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

It was significant enough as the 5700 series were the main competitor to the 2060, and it was headline news, it applies to the general discussion flow.

FSR and a chance that drivers won't work correctly with your card or configuration are to me not worth the headache anymore, I prefer the premium price of Nvidia as it is likely to work. Pay a bit more now and game fine? Pay less and hope you get a good experience?

Again personal preference, the 2060 was also the only card viable with such insane prices.

Are you talking about buying a 2060 now?

The 2060 wasn't even a good value at its 2019 price, let alone when you're probably going to pay twice that. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Are you talking about buying a 2060 now?

The 2060 wasn't even a good value at its 2019 price, let alone when you're probably going to pay twice that. 

2060 is infinitely more worthy than any 5700 series Radeon thanks to them borking drivers and the insanely maddening rage inducing black screen issue.

Not worth the mental anguish with AMD cards, sworn off them for good.

I had positive experiences with the R9 280x, RX 580 and HD 7770, the 5700 XT was just a mess of a GPU.

It is anecdotal but type into google, 5700 XT is trash and this comes up.

I am aware of the unhappy experiences some people had with the 5700/XT. Type "Nvidia RTX space invaders" into Google and you'll find many tales of woe as well. 

I wouldn't buy either card at the prices they currently command. The value is not there. The value proposition for the 2060 was, IMO, never there. Since OP doesn't seem to have any intention of purchasing either, this argument is academic, and since his original question about DLSS has been sufficiently answered I think, I really am out.