I heard that i can use dlss on my gtx 1660ti but how?

ognax

So i play warzone alot and heard that i can use dlss but there is no option to do that :l, i tried to find dlss in the config.ini but i wasnt able to find it cause its kinda crypted enyone want to help or share how ur config.ini looks like when dlss is enabled so i can figure out what it is in my config.ini

IIRC DLSS is exclusive to RTX cards.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

ye but i found that it needs tensor cores and both gtx 1660 and rtx cards have those so why its only rtx exclusive 🙂

1 minute ago, ognax said:

ye but i found that it needs tensor cores and both gtx 1660 and rtx cards have those so why its only rtx exclusive 🙂

The 16-series do not have tensor cores at all, which is why you can't use DLSS.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

The 16-series do not have tensor cores at all, which is why you can't use DLSS.

Then why it says that there is 192 tensor cores? 

DzyRZYHVAAAxkSy.jpeg

1 minute ago, ognax said:

DzyRZYHVAAAxkSy.jpeg

Thats weird

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution should also launch for Nvidia GPU's. It released for AMD's yesterday, but I have no idea when it will release for Nvidia.

1 minute ago, resolve_beta said:

Thats weird

not really… who knows what buggy program this is…

Id recommend GPU-Z

btw afaik, raytracing on non RTX cards = possible 

DLSS on non RTX cards  = no

Ironically.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

anyway thx to all of u and have good summer.  Gotta buy rtx 3080 when its on stock

19 minutes ago, ognax said:

DzyRZYHVAAAxkSy.jpeg

what is that software?

53 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

not really… who knows what buggy program this is…

Id recommend GPU-Z

btw afaik, raytracing on non RTX cards = possible 

DLSS on non RTX cards  = no

Ironically.

Ray tracing doesn't require any specific hardware, technically. The key is *accelerated* ray tracing. That requires dedicated cores. Even with the dedicated cores ray tracing is a performance hog, it's virtually impossible to achieve without them. That is the reason ray tracing is exclusive to RTX and  Radeon 6000.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, ognax said:

DzyRZYHVAAAxkSy.jpeg

DLSS is AI based, so it requires tensor cores for the matrix calculations. It can't be done without them. As for why whatever program this is tells you it has some tensor cores, who knows, but it's wrong.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

23 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

ray tracing is a performance hog, it's virtually impossible to achieve without them. That is the reason ray tracing is exclusive to RTX and  Radeon 6000

its not exclusive, that was my point.

The most common use of DXR so far is to add reflections and shadows to games. Nvidia’s earliest demo workhorse was Battlefield V, which only uses DXR for reflections. And that’s one of the implementations that could run OK on GTX cards.

At 1440p with ultra DXR, you’ll get 30 frames per second with a GTX 1080 Ti. Of course, the 1060 is only going to get 12 fps. You can definitely boost performance by lowering DXR and running at 1080p, but this is just about comparisons. In all of these charts, you’ll see that the RTX cards are significantly faster, but here the RTX is “only” 2.3-times faster than the 1080 Ti.

"30fps" @ "ultra" 🤷‍♂️

dlss however is exclusive to "rtx" cards , and also the bigger deal imo. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, tkitch said:

what is that software?

Probably and old version of AIDA64 because it show WDDM1.3

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, Chris Pratt said:

DLSS is AI based, so it requires tensor cores for the matrix calculations. It can't be done without them. As for why whatever program this is tells you it has some tensor cores, who knows, but it's wrong.

That's not correct, there's nothing actually limiting DLSS from running on CUDNN, in fact Controls implementation wasn't running on Tensor cores at all, I'm not sure if that's still the case, but practically neither DLSS nor RTRT require hardware that would accelerate them in one way or another.
As for why nVidia has chosen to limit DLSS (RTRT actually runs on GTX1060 6GB and above unless the game dev artificially limits them out) to RTX GPU's, well the main reason is sales, they want to sell more of their high end GPU's, if nVidia was to release the source code of their DLSS technology, I'm willing to bet that there'd be people that get it to run on a pretty wide variety of hardware, the question though is how big of an impact it would be over playing at native resolutions.

Control's initial DLSS implementation was not really DLSS in the current, more mature sense of the technology. It didn't actually use the tensor cores, and also wasn't very good.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

And it continues to not be… I got the game for free from epic store, and not only is it really boring and generic, it also looks pretty bad - kinda like a early PS3 game (although thats kinda insulting because  something like Heavenly Sword, a PS3 launch title, still looks *amazing* today)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

47 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

And it continues to not be… I got the game for free from epic store, and not only is it really boring and generic, it also looks pretty bad - kinda like a early PS3 game (although thats kinda insulting because  something like Heavenly Sword, a PS3 launch title, still looks *amazing* today)

04f4cda650c7fe693905a0ff83aef566.jpg

Not really on-topic though. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

This is why you go RTX 2060 over the 1660 series & 5700 series from Radeon. In DLSS titles it ends up pwning both.

14 hours ago, FrodoX570 said:

This is why you go RTX 2060 over the 1660 series & 5700 series from Radeon. In DLSS titles it ends up pwning both.

You go with what you can afford. And with AMD releasing FSR, those older cards should see an extended life.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 8/2/2021 at 12:31 PM, FrodoX570 said:

Not really the topic of the thread, but I don't agree. At release the 2060 was overpriced compared to various new and used cards that would perform the same or better in rasterization. It couldn't actually handle ray tracing well enough to give a good experience. DLSS was not at all a compelling feature at the time, and even today it's only implemented in a handful of games, and that's to say nothing of what FSR could be.

I speak from experience because in mid 2019 I made the mistake of replacing the 1080 I owned at the time with a 2060. 

Just now, Middcore said:

Not really the topic of the thread, but I don't agree. At release the 2060 was overpriced compared to various new and used cards that would perform the same or better in rasterization. It couldn't actually handle ray tracing well enough to give a good experience. DLSS was not at all a compelling feature at the time, and even today it's only implemented in a handful of games, and that's to say nothing of what FSR could be.

I speak from experience because in mid 2019 I made the mistake of replacing the 1080 I owned at the time with a 2060. 

Yeah I owned a 5700 XT back then and was glad tyo see the back of that trash moving to Nvidia, a year of nothing but black screens even after new drivers dropped and AMD mentioning they fixed it.

No issues ever since.

3 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

Yeah I owned a 5700 XT back then and was glad tyo see the back of that trash moving to Nvidia, a year of nothing but black screens even after new drivers dropped and AMD mentioning they fixed it.

No issues ever since.

I used a 5700 for a year and never had the slightest problem with it, nor have I had a single reason to complain about the 6800 I have now. 

Anecdotes!