Computer Freezes Immediately with Prime95

spend the $35 for the evo and by then you'll understand the overclocking and theory

then you'll easily dial in the overclock on a AIO easier. always have a back up HSF.

Yeah I guess you're right... I'll look into it. Never hurts to have a spare air cooling unit. Do they have the Evo for the 1150 socket? My friend bought one and he said he was only able to get the 1155 model.

| CPU: i7 4770k 4.3GHz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z87 HD3 | RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW | PSU: Corsair CS750M | Storage: A-Data SP900 256GB SSD+WD Black 3TB+Hitachi 250GB HDD | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Networking: Rosewill N900 PCE WiFi Adapter | OS: Windows 10 Pro+Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite | Case: NZXT H440 |

Yeah I guess you're right... I'll look into it. Never hurts to have a spare air cooling unit. Do they have the Evo for the 1150 socket? My friend bought one and he said he was only able to get the 1155 model.

1150 is the same as 1155/1156. so yes it'll fit just fine.

with my H220, my backup was well needed and used.

Alright guys, status update. I removed all the Gigabyte extension stuff and cleared my CMOS. Rebooted and it was much faster and snappier than before, so I was happy there. I downloaded the intel Extreme Tuning utility, and it chowed through a 1 minute test with no issue at all. No throttling, max temp was 60ºC, and didn't freeze up at all. Just finished running a 5 minute test, same results. I think I got it all sorted out now. Thanks so much for the help! I'll leave the OCing for when I get my new cooler. I guess I just got a little excited with my new build as this is my first OC capable rig, I couldn't wait to see what the parts could really do  ;)

| CPU: i7 4770k 4.3GHz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z87 HD3 | RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW | PSU: Corsair CS750M | Storage: A-Data SP900 256GB SSD+WD Black 3TB+Hitachi 250GB HDD | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Networking: Rosewill N900 PCE WiFi Adapter | OS: Windows 10 Pro+Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite | Case: NZXT H440 |

Don't get me wrong here but, i kinda get the impression that you have absolutly no idea of what you are doing. 

To start with, your build is kinda not ideal. Should consider getting 2 sticks of ram for dual channel. Second, that PSU is probably enough for your system, but i would not feel confortable running that system with overclock on that psu. Third, one does not simply overclock that much on stock coolers!

Lastly, overclocking, on haswell, takes a little bit of.. time.

-Watch linus haswell overclock video, it will help you alot.

Suggestion: 

Core: 44x multiplier (it aparently works on your cpu). Fixed voltage at 1.2v

Cache: put it around 40x multiplier and auto voltage

Input voltage 1.8-1.9v

Try it like this. And i would not recommend going over this at all  using the stock cooler.

Don't get me wrong here but, i kinda get the impression that you have absolutly no idea of what you are doing. 

To start with, your build is kinda not ideal. Should consider getting 2 sticks of ram for dual channel. Second, that PSU is probably enough for your system, but i would not feel confortable running that system with overclock on that psu. Third, one does not simply overclock that much on stock coolers!

Lastly, overclocking, on haswell, takes a little bit of.. time.

-Watch linus haswell overclock video, it will help you alot.

Suggestion: 

Core: 44x multiplier (it aparently works on your cpu). Fixed voltage at 1.2v

Cache: put it around 40x multiplier and auto voltage

Input voltage 1.8-1.9v

Try it like this. And i would not recommend going over this at all  using the stock cooler.

I know my build is unbalanced. I can't afford to finish it right now, but I needed it to make some money so I can finish it. Video editing is my source of income and my laptop just can't keep up anymore. So with this partial build, I can finish editing and make the money I will get for my project.

I have built plenty of PC but have only dabbled in the over clocking realm. I know that 4.4GHz was too much for a stock cooler. Hence why I took it off IMMEDIATELY. For some reason my motherboard thought that 4.4 @ 1.4V was a good idea, but I know it was a stupid idea, so I took it off. I NEVER intended to keep this OC. I merely wanted to see what kind of a bin I got with this new CPU. I never meant to keep an OC with the stock cooler because I know that is a horrible idea, I just wanted to see what my CPU could do for when I get a better cooler. I have watched Linus' video multiple times, and thats where I got the P95 stress test idea. 

I do know what I am doing (to an extent). The auto tune locked itself in though, and I had to find a way to get it off.