Wireless gaming headset worth it?

Snowi_

So first of I mainly just play games, listen to music, watch videos and talk to my friends on discord. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser Game Zeros I bought a few years back. They've been really great but the earcup material has started to come apart and I kinda feel like I wanna change to wireless for less hassle with cables. I've looked into the Logitech G PRO X Wireless and the Corsair Virtuoso RGB. I really don't know anything about headphones so I'd like for you guys to tell me which pair to buy OR if you'd recommend something else. Thanks in advance 🙂

2 hours ago, Snowi_ said:

So first of I mainly just play games, listen to music, watch videos and talk to my friends on discord. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser Game Zeros I bought a few years back. They've been really great but the earcup material has started to come apart and I kinda feel like I wanna change to wireless for less hassle with cables. I've looked into the Logitech G PRO X Wireless and the Corsair Virtuoso RGB. I really don't know anything about headphones so I'd like for you guys to tell me which pair to buy OR if you'd recommend something else. Thanks in advance 🙂

If you need wireless then the HyperX cloud 2 wireless or HyperX cloud flight or flight s are gonna be the best value since they are better tuned than any Logitech headphone and same goes for Corsair, Razer etc. 

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

4 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

If you need wireless then the HyperX cloud 2 wireless or HyperX cloud flight or flight s are gonna be the best value since they are better tuned than any Logitech headphone and same goes for Corsair, Razer etc. 

I've heard the those are great headsets but the mic quality seems really bad 😞

10 minutes ago, Snowi_ said:

I've heard the those are great headsets but the mic quality seems really bad 😞

If you care about a mic. Don't even ask for a wireless "gaming" headset on these forums. All I can tell you is that any wireless gaming headset will sound trash with its mic. Logitechs' headsets don't even sound that good either just because having that "Blue" mics certification or whatever they call it. The mic sounds overbloated in bass and compressed and bad overall. Nothing special about them. You want good audio get a good pair of headphones. Want a good mic get a mic such as the Modmic 4 uni that can be put on any headphone and not getting a gaming headset in the first place. But I can assure you. The HyperX cloud 2 mic isn't anything bad compared to any other gaming headset. And the audio is much better tuned as well. Also don't even buy a headphone only because it says 7.1 because that is pure bs. 

Also the Corsair heaphones absolutely suck. They might be decent build quality and look cool but do you really need that? You want good audio as well as build quality that any good headphone has that is not coming from a gaming company.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

If you care about a mic. Don't even ask for a wireless "gaming" headset on these forums. All I can tell you is that any wireless gaming headset will sound trash with its mic. Logitechs' headsets don't even sound that good either just because having that "Blue" mics certification or whatever they call it. The mic sounds overbloated in bass and compressed and bad overall. Nothing special about them. You want good audio get a good pair of headphones. Want a good mic get a mic such as the Modmic 4 uni that can be put on any headphone and not getting a gaming headset in the first place. But I can assure you. The HyperX cloud 2 mic isn't anything bad compared to any other gaming headset. And the audio is much better tuned as well. Also don't even buy a headphone only because it says 7.1 because that is pure bs. 

Also the Corsair heaphones absolutely suck. They might be decent build quality and look cool but do you really need that? You want good audio as well as build quality that any good headphone has that is not coming from a gaming company.

Idk if you meant it but you kinda came off as an aggressive prick. I never said I cared about a mic or wanted anything more than something to use on discord. Me saying the cloud 2 wireless has a poor mic was meant to be a comparison to other wireless headsets that I've seen in reviews. 

I know the Blue mic certification is trash I've seen and heard some reviews and mic tests on it. I never even thought about 7.1 on the headset cuz I won't have any use for that either. 

I don't know if you have personal experience on the Corsair then cuz the reviews I've checked (even the LTT one) all say they sound decent with a bit of EQ adjustment. 

But if you so wish I won't talk about wireless headphones "on these forums" 

35 minutes ago, Snowi_ said:

Idk if you meant it but you kinda came off as an aggressive prick.

Nope. Sorry if you felt it that way. Just annoyed at corsair and Logitech that is all. I've had both brands in the past. They sucked. So maybe my statements came out that way. I just wanted to explain that ANY wireless gaming headset mic is trash, I just wanted to get that out of the way since you brung up mic quality. I want to make assumptions based off of how many people think when buying gaming headsets. I just wanted to make sure that I covered everything so I need to make less comments in one thread. That is why I said "Also don't even buy a headphone only because it says 7.1 because that is pure bs" because many people think that and I want to make that assumption. My bad tho.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

12 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

Nope. Sorry if you felt it that way. Just annoyed at corsair and Logitech that is all. I've had both brands in the past. They sucked. So maybe my statements came out that way. I just wanted to explain that ANY wireless gaming headset mic is trash, I just wanted to get that out of the way since you brung up mic quality. I want to make assumptions based off of how many people think when buying gaming headsets. I just wanted to make sure that I covered everything so I need to make less comments in one thread. That is why I said "Also don't even buy a headphone only because it says 7.1 because that is pure bs" because many people think that and I want to make that assumption. My bad tho.

No problem I might have over reacted a bit too 😄 I'll keep looking into headsets tho