Dell and Ads

Maybe this is all just me and my rather large pool of ignorance, but I figure if nothing else, it could be of interest to some and maybe even a dabble of entertainment to others.

The brief story: 

I was browsing around on the Web-o, happend to have landed on a page I'm not familiar with but appeared to be legit with some ad's rotated about, nothing out of the ordinary I would say. Therefore, I continued on with my reading of the article until the ad happened to have rotated to something that caught my interest (a 34" Dell Display for $294). I clicked on the ad, but it would never take me the the actual advertised product, just the Dell Deals home page. After browsing for the specific product and finding, well, not the deal, but rather the general full-price, I quickly came to the conclusion this was going to be a false ad and not spend anymore time with it. However, temptation got the best of me and I went forward with contacting a Dell rep via chat just to see if they might still honor the price or not...spoiler alert, I got the oh-so-common big-blue-dell-fart in the face for an end result.

I've included the chat session, screenshots of the ad, along with the final email they sent that I wouldn't be able to contrast a difference if it were instead a photo of two big asscheecks spread about.
If there is someone at fault here, would it even be Dell?

({|^|=:.:=|^|})

298814645_DellAdemail.thumb.jpg.a46d4f0a3a9704e266f21379dc0c1f17.jpg

721929821_DellAd1of2.thumb.jpg.a673ba4d220c94ddf5ba785aa85f0e81.jpg159412243_DellAd2of2.jpg.6bb14741da66015167220df592e86a77.jpg

105607105_Delladchat.thumb.jpg.72b08d41f35b40f919f369cd2355552b.jpg

depends who manages their ads. i can almost guarantee they outsource their ad management to some other company that does the same thing for everyone else.

The ad wasn't removed from the active list in time, not exactly unheard of. and contrary to popular belief they don't actually HAVE to honour the price.

it seems to just be a mistake as opposed to be malicious.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 hours ago, James Evens said:

There where a lot of Dell mistakes lately.

Nah, this is a common ad marketing trick and it's not just dell.  It is literal click bait and is not accidental.  Try with other "deals" that pop up on these type of ads and you'll quickly find most are just generic links to the sellers site. 

The Internet is garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Heliian said:

The Internet is garbage. 

It's been that way for a long time with deals and coupon codes.

Go look at a random "coupon code" site for Newegg.

99.99999999% of the "codes" are just links to their deals page or their home page. Maybe you'll find one.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

It's been that way for a long time with deals and coupon codes.

Go look at a random "coupon code" site for Newegg.

99.99999999% of the "codes" are just links to their deals page or their home page. Maybe you'll find one.

LOL, are those the same sites that show awesome deals to be had on products you want.... 3 years ago? 

Just now, Heliian said:

LOL, are those the same sites that show awesome deals to be had on products you want.... 3 years ago? 

Probably. I wouldn't know though as I wasn't on the Internet 3 years ago. Laptop had dead WiFi and a broken LAN port. Most Internet usage I did was Minecraft on my dad's PC.

elephants