HDD above PSU: Is it safe?

MIZU_is_water

Alright, here's the situation. I have an old HDD from my former rig that I want to put inside the case of my new rig to access the data. It's a small mATX case, so space is pretty tight. Fortunately, it has supports for 2 3.5" drives and another 2.5" drive or SATA SSD. Both of the supports for the 3.5" all reside in the top of the bottom PSU shroud (they hang from the shroud), and the 2.5" ones are on the side of the case behind the motherboard.

The HDD that I'm planning to move in is a 3.5" hard drive (WD Blue). The other 3.5" support is already occupied by my current drive. The remaining support is situated on the small empty space just above the PSU. I have tried putting the HDD there, and indeed it does fit, cable and all. However, I'm worried that the heat from the PSU or maybe the magnetic fields from the coils might damage my hard drive, and currently it has some pretty important data in it (samples for music production, personal IDs, college assignments and work documents, many more). Should I just cancel the idea and go switch to another case, or is it fine and I don't need to worry?

Thanks in advance.

My Rigs:
Hikaru (Main Gaming Rig): MSI B450M Pro M2-MAX | Ryzen 5 3500 | Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR 5 Dual OC | 12GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2666 (1x4GB + 1x8GB) | 1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD Blue | 550W Corsair CX550M | Armaggeddon Nimitz N5 Aurora Black | Maono AU MH-601 / Audio Technica M20x / Some cheapo tower speakers I ripped off a TV + DIY mini-amp made by my friend

Tsutomu (Relegated to HTPC): Gigabyte GA H81M-DS2 | Core i3-4170 | Zotac GT 730 2GB DDR3 | 4GB V-Gen Rescue DDR4-2400 (1x4GB) | 1TB WD Blue | 500W Deep Cool DE-530 | Unknown Hand-me-Down Late 90s Beige case

I kept 3 hard drives within an inch of the PSU and they never went above 30C.

You will be fine.

Thanks for the answer guys. I'll screw the last screw in then. I'll also try testing the temps tomorrow to see if it'll overheat.

Follow up question: Is it normal for other cases (or any small cases perhaps) to have mounting options for hard drives right above the PSU? It seems pretty counter-intuitive to me, as to my understanding there is usually way less airflow on the bottom rear part of the shroud and that's where the PSU resides, which can get quite hot as they supply power to your whole PC.

My Rigs:
Hikaru (Main Gaming Rig): MSI B450M Pro M2-MAX | Ryzen 5 3500 | Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR 5 Dual OC | 12GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2666 (1x4GB + 1x8GB) | 1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD Blue | 550W Corsair CX550M | Armaggeddon Nimitz N5 Aurora Black | Maono AU MH-601 / Audio Technica M20x / Some cheapo tower speakers I ripped off a TV + DIY mini-amp made by my friend

Tsutomu (Relegated to HTPC): Gigabyte GA H81M-DS2 | Core i3-4170 | Zotac GT 730 2GB DDR3 | 4GB V-Gen Rescue DDR4-2400 (1x4GB) | 1TB WD Blue | 500W Deep Cool DE-530 | Unknown Hand-me-Down Late 90s Beige case

I just ran the system a whole night long while I download some files to test it. Here is what HD Sentinel says this morning. The WDC is the one above the PSU. It ran a bit hotter than the other one, but I guess that's pretty normal with how little airflow is in that part.

hdd.PNG.735c2a9962ee808b37dcc7e25234bad8.PNG

My Rigs: