Does the AMD Wraith Prism work on X570 boards with a ryzen 5 3600

Kanna
Go to solution Solved by TheSLSAMG,

The Wraith Prism uses the two plastic mounting clips that are preinstalled on your motherboard out of the box. So if you took those off to install the Wraith Stealth that came with your Ryzen 5 3600, you need to reinstall them. Otherwise, it will work just fine. 

This might sound dumb (even does in my head) but the AMD Wraith Prism is same mounting as the other AM4 ones right? Because I'm planning to buy my friends wraith prism because he doesn't use it and I'm just going to be secure it fits but it should fit afaik double checking doesn't hurt (It's 2AM rn now excuse any mistakes)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

The Wraith Prism uses the two plastic mounting clips that are preinstalled on your motherboard out of the box. So if you took those off to install the Wraith Stealth that came with your Ryzen 5 3600, you need to reinstall them. Otherwise, it will work just fine. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

As long your motherboard have two plastic mounting clips that usually pre installed on the motherboard, It will work fine af...

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com