New TV recommendation

GijsCollet

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new TV (Time to upgrade the 10 year old one)

Was looking into the LG OLEDs, but can't really make sense of the differences anymore.

Want something around 55 inch am I am going to mount it flat to the wall. 

Mostly use it for movies, gaming not really. But maybe adding a small gaming PC to it later.

So image quality is most important for me. Adding external speakers so sound quality not important.

Any recommendations for which model to choose?

(region is Belgium and budget about 1000-1300 euros, can be stretched a bit of worth it)

Thanks!

Gijs

If you want an OLED, then ideally go for the C1 55" (2021 model). But with your budget you might also have a look at last year's model, the LG CX 55". Realistically they almost identical in performance and picture quality. The C1 only has slightly better picture processing in very specific scenes, slightly lower input lag for gaming and a newer OSD.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

From a purely image quality movie watching experience, for OLED, Sony beat LG thanks to its superior image processing (they use the same panel byt Sony has a more powerful processing unit). However LG has the superior gaming experience thanks to its inclusion of HDMI VRR

So ur looking at comparing the 2021 models:

Sony A80J 55"

VS

LG C1 55"

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

So ur looking at comparing the 2021 models:

Sony A80J 55"

VS

LG C1 55"

Well since the A80J is €2000 or even more here in Belgium, it is a pretty easy choose for the C1 at €1400-€1500 than.. lol