Why are new budget phone less powerful than a old flagship.

Slipping Jimmy
On 6/27/2021 at 2:10 AM, The Real LWK said:

I never go for older phones or refurbished, for 2 reasons. 

1. Older phones even you get them new the batteries have been deteriorating for that 1-2 years. So you'll have to spend more getting a Replacement battery. *note * the second reply also applies to this. 

2. Refurbished phones usually had their batteries replaced that means the seal has to be opened. That means the ip 67 does not apply anymore nor does it's original warranty. 

It's not what I need, it's the price.

It's only was 2 years old.

Batteries do not deteriorate as fast as you think.

But this phone is getting returned. Going to the iPhone.

My screen on time in 2 hours 40 minutes. Battery is at 54%.

Too many accidental edge presses. I know different phone can fix that. So that really isn't a big deal.
There's something about Android that I just don't like.
Compared to my iPad I have been using for years. iOS just works.
Settings are just a mess. It's all over the place, unorganized.

Pictures does not look as good as it does in these review videos.
They take a picture in the correct lighting, and they edit it when they edit the videos.

Bejeweled plays in only landscape. Which is a major problem.

Back button is inconsistent. Some apps go back 1 page. In some apps, it exits to the home page.

Widgets just sucks. 

I hate notifications. It's like half way done. I miss some of them, because you don't have a pop up like on iOS.

I know on iOS they don't have those little things on top, but that's not a huge problem.

I know you can enable those bubbles. But I just don't like them. 

The F with Bixby. Can't even disable it without signing up for a Bixby account.

Can't uninstall bloatware Samsung crap.

Using search does not search everything.

Search doesn't work correctly. Samsung doesn't have all apps installed that it can search. Only certain one.

Screen on time, since last full charge, 2 hours 40 minutes. 32% battery left.

This morn when I left my house. It was at 49%. Right now it's at 32%. Just 1 hour only, listening to YouTube music.

The screen does not look that good. I have it on WQHD. I can't tell the difference between 1080 and 1440. It looks no better than my iPad mini 4 screen. And the phone has a greenish color to it.

Sometimes it gets a little warm, just for using it for 1 minute. Something like checking my email.

There's lots of little things that are annoying, and pisses my the F off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, Slipping Jimmy said:

It's not what I need, it's the price.

It's only was 2 years old.

Batteries do not deteriorate as fast as you think.

But this phone is getting returned. Going to the iPhone.

My screen on time in 2 hours 40 minutes. Battery is at 54%.

Too many accidental edge presses. I know different phone can fix that. So that really isn't a big deal.
There's something about Android that I just don't like.
Compared to my iPad I have been using for years. iOS just works.
Settings are just a mess. It's all over the place, unorganized.

Pictures does not look as good as it does in these review videos.
They take a picture in the correct lighting, and they edit it when they edit the videos.

Bejeweled plays in only landscape. Which is a major problem.

Back button is inconsistent. Some apps go back 1 page. In some apps, it exits to the home page.

Widgets just sucks. 

I hate notifications. It's like half way done. I miss some of them, because you don't have a pop up like on iOS.

I know on iOS they don't have those little things on top, but that's not a huge problem.

I know you can enable those bubbles. But I just don't like them. 

The F with Bixby. Can't even disable it without signing up for a Bixby account.

Can't uninstall bloatware Samsung crap.

Using search does not search everything.

Search doesn't work correctly. Samsung doesn't have all apps installed that it can search. Only certain one.

Screen on time, since last full charge, 2 hours 40 minutes. 32% battery left.

This morn when I left my house. It was at 49%. Right now it's at 32%. Just 1 hour only, listening to YouTube music.

The screen does not look that good. I have it on WQHD. I can't tell the difference between 1080 and 1440. It looks no better than my iPad mini 4 screen. And the phone has a greenish color to it.

Sometimes it gets a little warm, just for using it for 1 minute. Something like checking my email.

There's lots of little things that are annoying, and pisses my the F off.

Trust me I've used a I phone for 4 yrs by the second year my battery deteriorated by 30%, Android phones may seem like a mess to new users but once you start on long term use you find alot of shortcuts to clean up and the shortcuts apply to all brands of android. That's why when I switch around with android brands I don't feel much difference except for some of the shitty ui skins aka vivo. 

And its not the 1080-1440 frames that affects you it's thr refresh rate and touch rate. Me going from I phone's 60 fps refresh rate to to xiaomi 90- 120fps is  a huge difference, touch rate 120 to 480 changes alot. 

Here's my conclusion 

If you already in the iPhone eco system stick with it if you use your phone for work more then play. 

If you wanna have some fun relax and have time to fiddle around with your phone try out the xiaomi poco F3, it's cheap and has last gens flagship and you can fiddle around with it to learn android's shortcuts. 

I did that with a secondary poco F1 while I was on my iPhone. 

Look to the left, slap from the right, look to the right, slap from the left, look up, kick down low, look down low, uppercut to the head. 

Congrats I've been knocked out. 

Spoiler

CoolerMaster NR400, Ryzen 7 5800x, Asus TUF gaming b550m plus WiFi, Scythe Fuma 2, Corsair Vengeance Pro Rgb 3200mhz 16gb cl16 (8gb x 2),Asus ROG Strix gaming Vega 56 12gb,Crucial P1 nvme 1tb m.2 ssd, Crucial Mx 500 2tb sata ssd x 2, Seasonic Focus Plus 750w 80+ Gold. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, The Real LWK said:

Trust me I've used a I phone for 4 yrs by the second year my battery deteriorated by 30%, Android phones may seem like a mess to new users but once you start on long term use you find alot of shortcuts to clean up and the shortcuts apply to all brands of android. That's why when I switch around with android brands I don't feel much difference except for some of the shitty ui skins aka vivo. 

And its not the 1080-1440 frames that affects you it's thr refresh rate and touch rate. Me going from I phone's 60 fps refresh rate to to xiaomi 90- 120fps is  a huge difference, touch rate 120 to 480 changes alot. 

Here's my conclusion 

If you already in the iPhone eco system stick with it if you use your phone for work more then play. 

If you wanna have some fun relax and have time to fiddle around with your phone try out the xiaomi poco F3, it's cheap and has last gens flagship and you can fiddle around with it to learn android's shortcuts. 

I did that with a secondary poco F1 while I was on my iPhone. 

I've been using it for the last month. I still don't like it. I have to same problems.

Some stuff, like an app to shut off detection. The Microsoft launcher made it a lot better. 

But Samsung settings are still unorganized. 

The battery just sucks. It has 92% life. But like today, with light use, 15 minutes screen on time. The battery went from 100% to 75%.

Over night, it uses 4%.

I put it on the lowest screen setting. Still doesn't help.

Sometimes I charge my iPad on this phone to 100%.

The next morning, like 8 hours later. iPad will have 99 or 100% batter left. Android will have 95% or 96% left.

Even though the iPad have a 22% bigger battery, it still uses less power.

I tried it with the same apps on them, the same notifications. 

I'm always forgetting Android does not have pinch to zoom on YouTube. 

I think using if for 1 month is plenty of time.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:58 PM, Slipping Jimmy said:

I'm always forgetting Android does not have pinch to zoom on YouTube. 

Yes it does. The YouTube app on Android has had that feature for a very long time now.

What phone are you talking about? 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

19 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

Yes it does. The YouTube app on Android has had that feature for a very long time now.

What phone are you talking about? 

Not on my s10.

2 minutes ago, Slipping Jimmy said:

Not on my s10.

Are you using the latest version of the YouTube app? It's present on all 3 Samsung Galaxy S9s I own, as well as my S21 Ultra. It's also present on other devices. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

1 minute ago, BondiBlue said:

Are you using the latest version of the YouTube app? It's present on all 3 Samsung Galaxy S9s I own, as well as my S21 Ultra. It's also present on other devices. 

I'm talking about in landscape to minimize it so I can see the comments.

And not automatically putting in in full screen when I turn it.

8 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Another thing, you can't swipe right to go back to the previous video.

Or swipe down on the video to at least bring me back to the previous video.

Swiping down just brings me back to the home page.

16 minutes ago, Slipping Jimmy said:

I'm talking about in landscape to minimize it so I can see the comments.

And not automatically putting in in full screen when I turn it.

Oh. That's a feature on tablets, not phones. It's not present on iPhones either. The display is just too small for that to be very useful. Not sure how that's a fault of the phone...

6 minutes ago, Slipping Jimmy said:

Another thing, you can't swipe right to go back to the previous video.

Or swipe down on the video to at least bring me back to the previous video.

Swiping down just brings me back to the home page.

I didn't know you could swipe between videos like that. I don't think that's present on iPhones either, though I could be wrong about that. 

43 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Oh. That's a feature on tablets, not phones. It's not present on iPhones either. The display is just too small for that to be very useful. Not sure how that's a fault of the phone...

I didn't know you could swipe between videos like that. I don't think that's present on iPhones either, though I could be wrong about that. 

I'm comparing it to my iPad mini. Being that's it iOS, I thought they were the same on both.

On iPad you can swipe right.

5 minutes ago, Slipping Jimmy said:

I'm comparing it to my iPad mini. Being that's it iOS, I thought they were the same on both.

On iPad you can swipe right.

I didn't know you could swipe through videos on iPadOS. I don't think that's the case on smaller devices like iPhones though. But yeah, the interface you're talking about is definitely a thing on Android, but it's on tablets, not phones. It wouldn't be useful on a phone. 

12 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

I didn't know you could swipe through videos on iPadOS. I don't think that's the case on smaller devices like iPhones though. But yeah, the interface you're talking about is definitely a thing on Android, but it's on tablets, not phones. It wouldn't be useful on a phone. 

Swiping back to a previous video is useful.