3d printing z help

shinegull

so i've been playing around with printing different things, and i wanted to try to print something that had quite a bit of ooverhang. it worked well, until i needed to remove the support pieces. I'm just using the standard print with support on cura button. I noticed that cura had an option of putting the model sort of underneath the plate by make the z in a negative value.

when i print with support pieces, while removing the support was a bit difficult, it wasnt impossible. it was just the end result was a little less than prefect. so I would end up with top side being pretty nice and the bottom side looking pretty rough.

my question is, if i have say a 22mm tall object, and then set the model location height as z -11, would the printed object on ender 3 v2 just print the top half? meaning whatever is at z 0 mm to z 11mm ?

Also, if i want to change the quality on cura, i.e increasing it, can i still use the same .4 nozzle on printer?

Hello, I also have the ender 3 v2 and i typically use prusaslicer which i find works very well, and has good visualizations. I haven't tried setting z's lower and seeing if that prints the top half, but I know that if you change the quality, you can use the same .4 nozzle. All that is different is the stepping increments (IE accuracy, etc.) You may reach a point where the quality doesn't increase anymore on your prints as you up the quality, as their is a cap. Sorry I could only help with the second part, I wish you luck.