BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

zcxT

OS - Windows 10 Pro -64bit - MIFCOM OEM

What OS was originaly installed on the system? - 10 Pro

Age of system (hardware) - 3 Months

Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - 3 Months  //  Reset to factory settings about a month ago

CPU model - i9-10900K

Video Card model - RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X Trio)

MotherBoard - ASUS PRIME Z490-A

Power Supply - Gigabyte P850GM 850W, 80+ Gold

RAM - 2x 16GB DDR4-3000, Corsair Vengeance LPX

SSD - 1x 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, M.2 SATA    //     2x 1TB Samsung 870 QVO, SATA

Problem:

At random times (idle, working, browsing) the entire PC freezes and gives soundbugs for about a minute and then turn into a bluescreen saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

This has not happened during gaming at all so far. Timing and Spacing between this happening is completely random. Sometimes there is no issue for weeks, sometimes the BSOD comes twice in one day. 

- Software running at time of crashed varies widely between just the browser, browser + outlook + Teams, some work stuff, nothing actively open, etc.

The debugger gives me an output stating that Trap 0xfffffc0668796760 // Trapframe does not contain all registers   // I have not been able to fix this as it seems.

I've tried:

Reset to factory settings

Reinstalling/updating all drivers

Running in Safe-Mode - Had to use PC after 48h of safe-mode idle and no error in that time

Used HDD SCAN for all drives 

Left Memtest86 running for about 20h without errors

Removed 1 RAM to test the other for a couple of days then the other to eliminate Hardware-issue with RAM

Removed CPU-Cooler, cleaned and reapplied thermalpaste 

Dump Files are attached  --> Google Drive, in case attached doesn't work

Thanks for any replies!

Files_BSOD_Watchdog.7z

Check if theres a BIOS update for your mobo.

If thats not fixing it I recommend a fresh windows install. Make external backups of things you want to keep, as a fresh install will wipe everything on the drive. 

Also you could try running with only one harddrive, could be an issue  with one of the drives also - happens more often than people think.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Check if theres a BIOS update for your mobo.

If thats not fixing it I recommend a fresh windows install. Make external backups of things you want to keep, as a fresh install will wipe everything on the drive. 

Also you could try running with only one harddrive, could be an issue  with one of the drives also - happens more often than people think.

Hey there,

thanks for the input.

There seems to be a more current BIOS Version. 

msinfo32 says BIOS-Version / Date - American Megatrends Inc. 2004, 13.01.2021

// On the ASUS website for my Motherboard is Version 2103 published 2021/04/28

Since this is a custom built from Mifcom would there be any warranty problems when updating BIOS?

The drives shouldn't be a problem forgot to mention that I tried exaclty this. 
Used only my C drive for a while, then only C and D and then only C and E. No difference here and in all 3 scenarios the error came up

Thanks

EDIT: Yes, I have contacted the Mifcom support. But they are lost and the next step would be sending in the entire PC and getting it back fixed or a new one.
For obvious reasons I'm not the biggest fan of this solution and would like to solve it myself instead, as I also use this PC for work and really don't want to use the work laptop at home as it sucks lol. Also I kind of like gaming in my free time which doesn't work without a pc..  
Edited by zcxT

5 minutes ago, zcxT said:

The drives shouldn't be a problem forgot to mention that I tried exaclty this. 
Used only my C drive for a while, then only C and D and then only C and E. No difference here and in all 3 scenarios the error came up

I see, yeah harddrives was rather unlikely, but it could have been a factor.

5 minutes ago, zcxT said:

Since this is a custom built from Mifcom would there be any warranty problems when updating BIOS?

There shouldnt be an issue with warranty, but you have to make absolutely sure its the right BIOS for *your* moherboard, you probably should ask them if thats the correct BIOS.

I mean its worth trying, this sounds a lot like BIOS issue , 50% chance the "right" BIOS would fix this.  Ask them  (mifcom)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, zcxT said:
Yes, I have contacted the Mifcom support. But they are lost and the next step would be sending in the entire PC and getting it back fixed or a new one.
For obvious reasons I'm not the biggest fan of this solution and would like to solve it myself instead, as I also use this PC for work and really don't want to use the work laptop at home as it sucks lol. Also I kind of like gaming in my free time which doesn't work without a pc..  

well, thats a bit odd, did you ask them about the BIOS update?  i mean that really shouldnt void the warranty at all, and could easily fix it, i mean theres no guarantee it will work  but it seems likely.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

55 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well, thats a bit odd, did you ask them about the BIOS update?  i mean that really shouldnt void the warranty at all, and could easily fix it, i mean theres no guarantee it will work  but it seems likely.

Thanks for your help! 
I'll hit the support up to make sure.

I'll keep this thread open and give an update if this helped 🙂