advice needed hard drive and storage on windows 10 questions

crain300

hello any and advice needed  i have a pc that was custom built for me and the person that built the system is not available any further assistance 

my pc runs windows 10  i have a ssd  that windows recognizes as c 

i have a 3tb hard that windows see it ad d

my 3tb was very close to full 

i bought a hard drive 10tb hard drive  that i put in to my system that windows sees as drive f

i bought acronis  software that i tried to read up on it  that was advertised as good hard drive cloning software

i installed 10 tb hard drive and formatted it windows seeit as drive f

i used the acronis softtware and cloned the 3tb hard drive d   on the the 10 tb hard drive f 

where i am currently at and need advice i went into windows 10 64 pro is the type i have 

i went into windows and found the screen change where new content is saved

i know the os is stored on ssd drive c i was not going to change that

i selected the other options to change the smaller drive d  to change to larger hard drive f   and it read letter f for new hard drive option

when i went back onto the screen change where new content is saved it reverrts back to changes to drive d and not f

i plan to remove smaller hard drive d and place it in external for a backup in future

i have coming in mail another 10 tb hard drive

i apologize for this long post i never done this before if any advice of any kind can be offered i would be greatly appreciated so that i can learn how to mange things on future  

Since its not a boot drive, you don't need cloning software. Just copy the files in file explorer.

What files are on the 3tb hdd?

i cloned the smaller drive d  onto the larger 10 tb hard drive f

i just wanted any new data to go onto the larger hard drive  and after i can get this figured out i will be removing the smaller hd

1 minute ago, crain300 said:

i cloned the smaller drive d  onto the larger 10 tb hard drive f

i just wanted any new data to go onto the larger hard drive  and after i can get this figured out i will be removing the smaller hd

Do you want to use both of the hdds, or only the new one?

Id just copy the files, and uninstall the cloning program as its not needed.

What data are you storing on the drive, just change where you save new files.

please is there a guide to show how to this i am having trouble with this as i have never did this before

20 hours ago, crain300 said:

please is there a guide to show how to this i am having trouble with this as i have never did this before

You can just drag and drop the files in explorer to move the files. No programs needed.

What programs and files are you storing on the hdd? How do you manage the files on it?