In my country Malaysia,when we buy a laptop we get a operating system Windows Home & Student and Microsoft Office 365.I was curious because as we all know Microsoft Office 365 is not one type payment.So I wonder ,why do my brother bought his laptop during 2020 do not have to pay monthly to Microsoft???

7 minutes ago, Mohamed Uzair said:

why do my brother bought his laptop during 2020 do not have to pay monthly to Microsoft???

It must've been bundled with 1 year license of Office 365, then pay afterwards, or it was bundled with Office 2019 which is lifetime.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

50 minutes ago, Mohamed Uzair said:

In my country Malaysia,when we buy a laptop we get a operating system Windows Home & Student and Microsoft Office 365.I was curious because as we all know Microsoft Office 365 is not one type payment.So I wonder ,why do my brother bought his laptop during 2020 do not have to pay monthly to Microsoft???

Some OEMS have been bundling Office 365 one year subscriptions with new Windows devices so not entirely surprising. Once that subscription expires, he'll loose access to his Office apps unless he renews that subscription. 

Think the HP Stream was the laptop that really started this trend as the subscription and subsequent OneDrive storage was a main selling point with the machine only having 32GB of internal storage. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

What the others said, there's often a 1 year 365 access on pre-builds and laptops.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

It has been 1 year.My brother still do not pay anything