DT990 PRE 250OHM vs DT880 PRE 600OHM

Mr.Duck

Yea this is the secound topic but im not choosing between 5 headphones now but just two :P

the 990 PRE http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-990-Premium-250-Ohm/dp/B00193FT26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396456361&sr=8-1&keywords=dt990+premium

the 880 PRE http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-880-Premium-600-Headphones/dp/B0024NK35S/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1396456361&sr=8-13&keywords=dt990+premium

What are the diffrences between these 2 headphones i will be gaming and listening to music with these :)

i will be picking the Desktop O2 w/ODAC since everyone of you guys reccomend it :D (i really dont like the looks though :( so if you guys have any other reccomendations i will be happy to hear them) 

880s are Semi-open, 990s are (fully) open.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

As Mo5 says.

I've heard that the 990's have a lot of treble and may be too sparkly for some.  I find my DT880's have quite a lot of treble and wouldn't really want any more, but your experiences may vary and is partly dependent on genre.

• 2 weeks later...

own the dt880, i personally toned it down to make room for the mids,low and soundstage, 

and sometime,to reduce sibilance on certain track

remember this(from good source) 880>990>770

just that be ready for dt 880 shy bass and not full mids,

tube amp will help this, and the bass will come on like a boss when on high volume and mid/high

and T1 are like Dt880 on steroids

own the dt880, i personally toned it down to make room for the mids,low and soundstage, 

and sometime,to reduce sibilance on certain track

remember this(from good source) 880>990>770

just that be ready for dt 880 shy bass and not full mids,

tube amp will help this, and the bass will come on like a boss when on high volume and mid/high

and T1 are like Dt880 on steroids

None of those are necessarily better than the others. It's just what you prefer. 

I have the DT 990 pro's 250 OHM and are very good for both gaming and music but as you know everyone is different and have different needs when buying headphones.  Logan on Tek Syndicate uses the DT880 pro's and he prefers them over the DT990's and DT770, go check out hes videos on youtube about it.

Cry Havoc!