Additional RAM while changing platforms

Hey,

I am planning to upgrade my 7700k to Ryzen 5900x on Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2

Currently have 7700k on z270 gaming k3 with 2x8GB 3000MHZ CL15 DDR4 Modules  the 2 questions I have are:

1. is the mobo any good for 5900x (Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2)

2. is adding another 2x8GB ram worth it and will it work ( exactly same specs with timings and everything just different model/maker ) 

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

personally i wouldnt go from intel to amd because my friend told me years ago to never go with amd and they were in the USAF working with computers. then a few years ago amd was having issues with their drivers and i dont know if those issues have been fixed but they should have been. 

1. going from a 7700k on a z270 board to a 5900x on a b550 board will be an upgrade either way as the 5900x is newer and probably has more cores and threads. here is the product page for the board. B550 AORUS ELITE V2 (rev. 1.0) Gallery | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

2. so you have 16gb looking to add 16gb making it 32gb total? it would be worth it because your RAM will be less stressed putting the load over more RAM sticks. the board can support up to 128gb so 32gb is 1/4th its max capacity.