Corsair 350D CPU cooler

Go to solution Solved by SuperShires,

Well it's  4 USD more expensive so I thought since it's only 4 more I can get a better cooler for the dosh haha. I prefer the the look of the 412S to the 212+ and since I have a windowed case, i'll get it :)

Do you plan to overclock? cause if not just buy the one you prefer, if you like the look of the 412S get it. The 412S performs a little better than the 212+ and if the price is only ($)4 more then go for it :)

I'm getting a new cpu cooler for my i5-3330 now and I was about to get the 212+ and then noticed a 412S on offer ! Will it fit into my Corsair 350D ?? I know the 212+ is a tight fit, so I'm not sure about the 412....

Thnx !

It should fit. The 350D's maximum height for the heatsink is 160mm while the 412S is 132mm.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

It should fit. The 350D's maximum height for the heatsink is 160mm while the 412S is 132mm.

Oh..... I misread the dimensions in that case then... :) Thanks - and one more thing is the 412S better than the 212+ ??

Oh..... I misread the dimensions in that case then... :) Thanks - and one more thing is the 412S better than the 212+ ??

They seem to be comparable to each other. Personal preference is my guess. If it were me though, I would go with the 412S.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

If its on sale get it, the temp difference isnt that spectacular so if your saving a few $$$ get the 412S

If its on sale get it, the temp difference isnt that spectacular so if your saving a few $$$ get the 412S

Well it's  4 USD more expensive so I thought since it's only 4 more I can get a better cooler for the dosh haha. I prefer the the look of the 412S to the 212+ and since I have a windowed case, i'll get it :)

Do you plan to overclock? cause if not just buy the one you prefer, if you like the look of the 412S get it. The 412S performs a little better than the 212+ and if the price is only ($)4 more then go for it :)