Looking for a new mouse because my old one died, need a recommendation, deathadder v2 owners please tell me how durable v2 is

CardinalHunter

So I bought the razer mamba 2012 edition wireless back in the November 2016 for about 80 dollars and I don't know if that was a good price for the mouse back then but I realized I stopped using the wireless feature really soon because of how crappy it felt. Even when I have the cable connected the sensor would still bug out occasionally a year in where I just could not use it. At this point I just want a good durable and overall solid midrange wired mouse around 50 or 60 dollars. The razer deathadder v2 from what I've gathered reading is good but I don't know if this mouse is durable enough for me. I've also thought about getting the G502 Hero but that mouse looks too heavy for my liking as I'm looking for a mouse between 80 and 100 grams. If anyone has any recommendations please tell me about them, I'm leaning heavily on the deathadder right now because the shape is the same as my mamba and the lockdown currently in effect for my country means I can't try out mice in a physical store.

For a wired mouse, if its for gaming; can't really go past a Steelseries Sensei Ten or the Razer Deathadder. Theyre lightweight, a good shape/comfortable and have great sensors. 

Also another one im trying at the moment is an Asus ROG Keris. Fantastic mouse, extremely light weight (62g), fast sensor, and it has push fit Omron switches and comes with 2 different sets for different feels...it also means if you have issues with the switch you can just swap it out. 

If you do decide on a wireless mouse, then the Logitech G Pro, DeathAdder Pro, or ROG Keris Wireless (72g) are all fantastic choices. 

5 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

Had a G502 for 5 years. Great mouse, but heavy. And the wheel is loud.

I'm using my old G502 right now at work. It's a nice mouse but If hes doing long gaming sessions with it, the weight gets pretty annoying over time, and far to many buttons for most applications. Also the weight is a huge downside to me for FPS games, since personally I run a very low sensitivity (40cm edge-to-edge) 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

4 hours ago, Jarsky said:

For a wired mouse, if its for gaming; can't really go past a Steelseries Sensei Ten or the Razer Deathadder. Theyre lightweight, a good shape/comfortable and have great sensors. 

Also another one im trying at the moment is an Asus ROG Keris. Fantastic mouse, extremely light weight (62g), fast sensor, and it has push fit Omron switches and comes with 2 different sets for different feels...it also means if you have issues with the switch you can just swap it out. 

If you do decide on a wireless mouse, then the Logitech G Pro, DeathAdder Pro, or ROG Keris Wireless (72g) are all fantastic choices. 

I'm using my old G502 right now at work. It's a nice mouse but If hes doing long gaming sessions with it, the weight gets pretty annoying over time, and far to many buttons for most applications. Also the weight is a huge downside to me for FPS games, since personally I run a very low sensitivity (40cm edge-to-edge) 

Honestly the Deathadder V2 looks like the perfect mouse for me but the only concern I have is with the build quality. My mamba started having problems in the first year with things like sensor and double click, have you had any experience with the deathadder v2? I've been trying to find more information about how well built the deathadder v2 is and how it holds up after a year but there is sadly very little information and post about it and I found no more than 3 posts where build quality was even mentioned.

3 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

Honestly the Deathadder V2 looks like the perfect mouse for me but the only concern I have is with the build quality. My mamba started having problems in the first year with things like sensor and double click, have you had any experience with the deathadder v2? I've been trying to find more information about how well built the deathadder v2 is and how it holds up after a year but there is sadly very little information and post about it and I found no more than 3 posts where build quality was even mentioned.

I've tried the V2, but switched back to the Sensei Ten because the shape wasnt for me so don't have any long term experience with it personally. Im very much an FPS player, and for the way I hold a mouse, a mouse with concave sides like the Sensei Ten or the G Pro are more suitable to the way I hold it. 

There's honestly a lot to "what is the best mouse", as a lot of it is subjective to what feels comfortable to you, beyond sensors, build quality, features, etc...

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

13 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

I've tried the V2, but switched back to the Sensei Ten because the shape wasnt for me so don't have any long term experience with it personally. Im very much an FPS player, and for the way I hold a mouse, a mouse with concave sides like the Sensei Ten or the G Pro are more suitable to the way I hold it. 

There's honestly a lot to "what is the best mouse", as a lot of it is subjective to what feels comfortable to you, beyond sensors, build quality, features, etc...

I know deathadder would be comfortable to me since I've been using the mamba for 4 years and with deathadder v2 being an identical shape, I know what to expect and that I would like the shape. The conversation surrounding build quality and durability of mice just feels so scarce like most of the reviews I found didn't say a single thing about build quality or durability which made me kind of disappointed. I suppose I'll just bite the bullet because I urgently need a new mouse.

13 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

Had a G502 for 5 years. Great mouse, but heavy. And the wheel is loud.

I have a Coorsair M55 RGB Pro. Which was about 45Eur but was on a sale. It's about 55eur otherwise. I'm very pleased with it. It's light, fast and responsive.

As a G502 owner I can second this. I've had one for around the same time if not longer. Super durable. Wheel is in fact loud lol. My friends on FaceTime are always complaining.

I'm assuming you know/knew about this, but did you remove the weights that can be accessed from the bottom of the mouse?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

16 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

On day one. The weight didn't bother me for every day use. Only when I got back into multiplayer FPS gaming.

Huh, interesting. I've honestly never really minded the weight. I came from a Razer Naga all those years ago so honestly the weight was kind of refreshing. The Naga was made from such light, cheap materials that the G502 felt like a quality improvement on the basis of weight and in-hand feel alone.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

40 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

On day one. The weight didn't bother me for every day use. Only when I got back into multiplayer FPS gaming.

19 minutes ago, Swndlr said:

Huh, interesting. I've honestly never really minded the weight. I came from a Razer Naga all those years ago so honestly the weight was kind of refreshing. The Naga was made from such light, cheap materials that the G502 felt like a quality improvement on the basis of weight and in-hand feel alone.

Yeah my low sensitivity requires me to pick up my mouse so often I don't think I would enjoy having a 120g mouse. 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:29 AM, CardinalHunter said:

So I bought the razer mamba 2012 edition wireless back in the November 2016 for about 80 dollars and I don't know if that was a good price for the mouse back then but I realized I stopped using the wireless feature really soon because of how crappy it felt. Even when I have the cable connected the sensor would still bug out occasionally a year in where I just could not use it. At this point I just want a good durable and overall solid midrange wired mouse around 50 or 60 dollars. The razer deathadder v2 from what I've gathered reading is good but I don't know if this mouse is durable enough for me. I've also thought about getting the G502 Hero but that mouse looks too heavy for my liking as I'm looking for a mouse between 80 and 100 grams. If anyone has any recommendations please tell me about them, I'm leaning heavily on the deathadder right now because the shape is the same as my mamba and the lockdown currently in effect for my country means I can't try out mice in a physical store.

If you are looking for a cheaper mouse (around 70 dollars) that can get you good cps and performance (it’s also super light) the glorious model o could work. 

6 hours ago, ieued said:

If you are looking for a cheaper mouse (around 70 dollars) that can get you good cps and performance (it’s also super light) the glorious model o could work. 

8 hours ago, CardinalHunter said:

They don't sell dream machines or any other mice from not so popular brands in my country so I can only go for the mainstream brands, bummer

Like I've said I cannot find mice from smaller non mainstream brands in my country so I can only buy mice from mainstream brands

On 6/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, CardinalHunter said:

Like I've said I cannot find mice from smaller non mainstream brands in my country so I can only buy mice from mainstream brands

Razer viper mini would be my suggestion then.

19 hours ago, Betterthanever said:

Then go for Logitech G Pro. You should be happy with this. 80g of weight and wireless.

What is the main grip you use a G Pro with? I mainly play with a palm grip and that is out of my budget, like I said, I want a mouse at around $60 US and G PRO is not that cheap.

9 hours ago, ieued said:

Razer viper mini would be my suggestion then.

Isn't the viper mini an ambidextrous mouse? I mainly play with a palm grip and because of the lockdown in my country I cannot try out these mice in a physical store.