Will overclocking a i9-10850K on a 650 Watt Power Supply trip the overload?

Quick question guys, I have a 10850K and a RTX 3060 Ti with a  CX650F Power Supply.

Currently stock I am running things fine. However, would I be able to push a 5.2GHz Overclock on all cores? 

Thanks

Specs are in my Bio under Z490 RIG

The geek himself.

5.2ghz will likely be in excess of 300w... That's almost half of the advertised "Peak" 650w output. I'd use no less than 850w personally.

I'd gather for 5.2ghz+, you'd have a pretty decent water-loop to accompany it. If not, have fun trying to cool that chip otherwise. 

EDIT: Just saw sys specy. NVM the above. It's already a running system.

So, do some overclocking. Test the cooler. That would be first worry imo. Then maybe PSU if you can actually get up 5.2ghz.

overall i am going to say no but would need a little more info to say for sure. like what motherboard you have. how many GPUs (i am guessing 1), how many SSDs and/or HDDs you have. EVGA has something called the power meter in which you can find what your system is going to take and a few reccommendations for a PSU. for example on your system i put that you have an 1  GPU a 3060 TI on a Z590/490 motherboard, the i9 10850k, 1 SSD and 1 HDD with an overclocked CPU. i got that your system takes 563 watts so anything above 600 would be fine.

if you want to try for yourself then here is the link. EVGA - Power Meter

7 minutes ago, tdkid said:

overall i am going to say no but would need a little more info to say for sure. like what motherboard you have. how many GPUs (i am guessing 1), how many SSDs and/or HDDs you have. EVGA has something called the power meter in which you can find what your system is going to take and a few reccommendations for a PSU. for example on your system i put that you have an 1  GPU a 3060 TI on a Z590/490 motherboard, the i9 10850k, 1 SSD and 1 HDD with an overclocked CPU. i got that your system takes 563 watts so anything above 600 would be fine.

if you want to try for yourself then here is the link. EVGA - Power Meter

Expand my signature, everything is there

The geek himself.

11 minutes ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

Expand my signature, everything is there

is everything there on your computer or is everything below the HP Z600 (NAS): your secondary system?

just asking because the 4 SSDs and the 1 HDD take the total to 572 which is within the limits but its close for a 650 PSU.

Don't go over 1.25v load on the D15, whatever frequency that will end up being. You'll find a hard time getting all-core load temps in check.

Or if you're just gaming, do w/e.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

18 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Don't go over 1.25v load on the D15, whatever frequency that will end up being. You'll find a hard time getting all-core load temps in check.

i think you were in the wrong thread. no where in here does it mention a D15.

this thread was more about if their 650w PSU was enough to not have to worry about it tripping.

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

i think you were in the wrong thread. no where in here does it mention a D15.

this thread was more about if their 650w PSU was enough to not have to worry about it tripping.

It's relevant - guy wants to do 5.2ghz overclocking.

More load voltage will also mean more power draw as well. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

48 minutes ago, tdkid said:

is everything there on your computer or is everything below the HP Z600 (NAS): your secondary system?

just asking because the 4 SSDs and the 1 HDD take the total to 572 which is within the limits but its close for a 650 PSU.

Not the Z600, that's a old server. 

The geek himself.

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It's relevant - guy wants to do 5.2ghz overclocking.

More load voltage will also mean more power draw as well. 

yes i know that and is why i made my comment. using the EVGA power meter on their site. OPs system draws 572 watts which is within the 650w PSU they have. you should know the evga power meter as well as i do but it takes the motherboard, CPU, GPU and how many storage units to give you a rating on what you are using and what they suggest you have.

30 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

In a recent video, Linus compared the D15 to a 240MM liquid cooler. There was no a major change in temperature with stock or overclocking. I'm not concerned for the cooler.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

Not the Z600, that's a old server. 

i figured it was after i commented.

1 minute ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

In a recent video, Linus compared the D15 to a 240MM liquid cooler. There was no a major change in temperature with stock or overclocking. I'm not concerned for the cooler.

From my personal experience, anything over 1.25 load volts is very difficult to keep cool with ANYTHING in a full stress load. And a 240mm is generally not better than a D15.

A big radiator will get you a few degrees cooler, but more importantly, will take longer to soak and hopefully your task is done before that happens.

In regards to your power supply, you'll unlikely see a scenario where your CPU and GPU both are hitting synthetic loads, so it probably will be fine.

Back to your original post - I just wanted to temper your expectations with thermal performance.