Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My G5 is killing me from issues.

Hi, I was light gaming and than My screen goes black I look at my laptop screen and it says shutting down. 5 minutes goes by and then the fans turn off, I turn on the computer again to see the dell logo then for it to go black. I leave it for 1-5 minutes and unplug everything from it and then turn it on. Thats where I am now and its working but I dont have anything plugged into it. Here is event viewer of everything that happend which is pretty accurate image.png.8f49bd3cf54b2d2b714500ddd2a8281c.pngPlease help I have had issues with this laptop for over a year since I got it.

Well then you should have gone for warranty as this is points to a defective device.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well then you should have gone for warranty as this is points to a defective device.

I think I do have warranty for it.

Edit: should I just return it?

1 hour ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I think I do have warranty for it.

Edit: should I just return it?

Yep, nothing you can do meaningfully on a laptop. Just return it for repair/replacement.

10 hours ago, For Science! said:

Yep, nothing you can do meaningfully on a laptop. Just return it for repair/replacement.

I dont have warranty for it. God I dont know why I didn't get it and should I just get my local shop to put some new thermal paste on it? Cause I can deal with the shutting off issues but the thermal issues is too much. liquid metal I heard is very good.

4 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I dont have warranty for it. God I dont know why I didn't get it and should I just get my local shop to put some new thermal paste on it? Cause I can deal with the shutting off issues but the thermal issues is too much. liquid metal I heard is very good.

don't put liquid metal in a laptop, period. Thermal paste isn't likely going to fix any issues that aren't specifically thermally related, and to me the problem you describe does not sound like a thermal shutdown.

7 hours ago, For Science! said:

don't put liquid metal in a laptop, period. Thermal paste isn't likely going to fix any issues that aren't specifically thermally related, and to me the problem you describe does not sound like a thermal shutdown.

really? Because the fans go crazy every time it shuts down.

3 hours ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

really? Because the fans go crazy every time it shuts down.

doesnt mean anything imo.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

doesnt mean anything imo.

oh